Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2009, 09:28 AM

Default Grabber tool won't highlight region

I've seen this happen now and again in the past, and it's pretty annoying. And it's happening right now and I have deadline and I really don't have much time to troubleshoot this thoroughly.

Every once in awhile my grabber tool (and, in fact, also the regular selector tool) won't highlight the region when I touch the region. Instead, the region just blinks (highlights) a few times on and off and then the highlight goes off and the region is just back to regular.

And so then I try to highlight manually with the selector tool and get the same thing, just a spastic blinking of the highlight going on and off, usually ending up off (not highlighted). Anyone have any ideas what that might be about?

BTW, right now this is happening while I'm working with Melodyne, trying to spot the files back into ProTools though I can't say that that's always the case when this happens (sorry, just can't remember, offhand).

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
1 G-Drive Pro 4 TB
2 G-Drive 6 TB
ProTools 2021.3.1
Melodyne 5
Soundtoys Bundle 5.3.2
Omnisphere 2.6.2
Massey L2007
Superior Drummer 2.3.2
Komplete 13 Ultimate
Old 07-20-2009, 10:23 AM

Default Re: Grabber tool won't highlight region

Could this possibly have anything to do with a sticky mouse button? Do you have more than one mouse to test this with? Are you using a USB hub with your mouse? Are you using any kind of input device control program? (USB overdrive, Mouse Works, anything that would alter the USB HID data flow)

Just firing ideas.. No real experience with this problem.
Old 07-20-2009, 11:04 AM

Default Re: Grabber tool won't highlight region

Quote:
Originally Posted by flommer View Post
Could this possibly have anything to do with a sticky mouse button? Do you have more than one mouse to test this with? Are you using a USB hub with your mouse? Are you using any kind of input device control program? (USB overdrive, Mouse Works, anything that would alter the USB HID data flow)

Just firing ideas.. No real experience with this problem.
No, the mouse seems to work fine. And no hubs or 3rd party hardware etc. going or anything. And, of course, now the problem is gone, so I can't further troubleshoot anything right now either. (And I quit Melodyne and inactivated the track, so maybe there's a correlation there.)

Thanks for the ideas though.
1 G-Drive Pro 4 TB
2 G-Drive 6 TB
ProTools 2021.3.1
Melodyne 5
Soundtoys Bundle 5.3.2
Omnisphere 2.6.2
Massey L2007
Superior Drummer 2.3.2
Komplete 13 Ultimate