Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments

Old 03-26-2008, 08:02 AM

Default Structure Free no longer recording to inst trk

I asked this question in another forum, but that might not have been the correct venue. I've installed Structure Free on my iMac running Pro tools m-powered 7.4. when I first installed the software I set up an instrument track and popped in the Structure Free plug in. I armed the track and started the recording. the midi dashes were appearing as expected, and it played back the drum samples I recorded with no problems. I was using the software keyboard to noodle around as I didn't have any outboard midi interfaces hooked up at the time. I was liking this so I decided to try it a second time. Once again, I set up an instrument track, armed it and started recording. This time nothing. The midi values aren't being recording to the track no matter what I do. I can use the pencil tool and draw midi "notes" but I can't record them real-time. I can't figure out what I've screwed up here. The midi notes that I draw will play back what ever patch I've got loaded in Structure, no problem. I haven't hooked up an outboard interface, (my m-audio Axiom 49 for example), so I don't no if this is a problem with the midi settings overall. This is really perplexing to me. Has anyone else had this issue? This is the only Instrument plug in I've got for my system at this point so I don't know if other plug-in's will behave the same way.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-26-2008, 07:08 PM

Default Re: Structure Free no longer recording to inst trk

Quote:
I haven't hooked up an outboard interface, (my m-audio Axiom 49 for example), so I don't no if this is a problem with the midi settings overall.
I'd set it up to rule it out.

filosofem