Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10

Old 09-16-2018, 12:54 PM

Default [SOLVED] Cannot UNmute grayed out midi region

[SOLVED] After trying several fixes, I highlighted the grayed out section and clicked EDIT>CLEAR (Command+B). Then I highlighted the preceding bars of midi drum pattern and selected EDIT>REPEAT (Option+R) and replaced the cleared midi sections. Worked perfectly.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________________
I muted a few bars of a midi drum track. When I attempt to unmute it, it won't allow me to do so. I tried COMMAND+M, which mutes/unmutes under normal circumstances. I also tried deleting the grayed out region and copy/pasting another region with the identical rhythms but that doesn't work either. Can't figure it out. Anyone come across this?

PT 10.3
2.3gHZ i7
8gb RAM
MacMini

Last edited by Joolaitha; 09-21-2018 at 08:24 PM. Reason: SOLVED
Old 09-17-2018, 05:02 AM

Default Re: Cannot UNmute grayed out midi region

Do you have the whole track muted? Can you unmute by right clicking and selecting 'unmute'?

Could use a bit of help from you though. Your profile says you're running PT10.3 on Win8 which if true is not considered a compatible combination. Which exact version of PT10 are you running? Or are you running PT10 in OSX and if so what OSX do you have?

The next obvious question is why not run PT10 inside OSX assuming you have a compatible OSX version that'll run PT10.

QAPLA!
Old 09-17-2018, 06:13 PM

Thanks. I do not have the entire track muted—only the midi drum track. Right-clicking and selecting "unmute" has no effect. Neither does COMMAND+M, which are the keystroke commands for mute/unmute.
I actually am no longer running Bootcamp (WIN8) on the MacMini. I am now running the Mac OS that is compatible with PT 10.3 (which basically means I can never upgrade my OS or I'll have to upgrade PT and AVID has now gone to the "pay annually to upgrade" program, which is an expense I don't want). I am pretty sure the Mac OS is Sierra but I'm away from the studio right now and can't verify that til t'mow. Below are the current system specs.
Thanks again for your reply.

Mac Mini i7 2.3 GHz; 8GB RAM; Sierra(I think); 64-bit; Pro Tools 10.3 with Apogee Quartet.

Last edited by Joolaitha; 09-17-2018 at 07:18 PM.
Old 09-18-2018, 12:36 AM

maybe your midi track has lose its assignment to the instrument. that´s an old bug in PT. try to assign it again and see what happens...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg screenshot.jpg (17.2 KB, 0 views)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIA...Rnu0Jfh-YsgftQ
Old 09-18-2018, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joolaitha View Post
Thanks. I do not have the entire track muted—only the midi drum track. Right-clicking and selecting "unmute" has no effect. Neither does COMMAND+M, which are the keystroke commands for mute/unmute.
I actually am no longer running Bootcamp (WIN8) on the MacMini. I am now running the Mac OS that is compatible with PT 10.3 (which basically means I can never upgrade my OS or I'll have to upgrade PT and AVID has now gone to the "pay annually to upgrade" program, which is an expense I don't want). I am pretty sure the Mac OS is Sierra but I'm away from the studio right now and can't verify that til t'mow. Below are the current system specs.
Thanks again for your reply.

Mac Mini i7 2.3 GHz; 8GB RAM; Sierra(I think); 64-bit; Pro Tools 10.3 with Apogee Quartet.
You really should fix your profile page. When you do that also put in the exact PT10 version you're running. Sierra is NOT compatible with PT10. The last PT10 compatible OSX is Mountain Lion OSX 10.8.5 but a lot of people using OSX 10.9.5 (Mavericks) are also running PT10 no problem; the only issue is the uninstaller for PT10 doesn't work in Mavericks.

Of concern if you are running Sierra how did you get it on your machine? Did you do an in-situ OSX upgrade installing Sierra over whatever was on the computer to begin with? That's not a good thing as all kinds of compatibility issues can crop up which could be the root of your problem.

QAPLA!
Old 09-21-2018, 05:03 PM

Thanks for your reply. I was mistaken, I am actually running OS X. I updated my system profile. I am going to tackle the issue the problem again and see if I can unravel it. I appreciate your input.