Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Old 03-24-2015, 02:19 PM

Default version 12 in account, download links for 11 gone???

so. version 12 is in my account, but the download links for 11.x.x are removed.

this is a bit of a problem, IMO.

i do keep some installers around, but not for every version, and i would like the freedom to revert to any version of 11 i please, if/when needed.

especially given the various bugs throughout various 11.x versions w/ video engine and delay comp, and the uncertainty about how these will function in 12.0

can we please restore the download links for 11?

thanks,
Old 03-24-2015, 09:52 PM

Default Re: version 12 in account, download links for 11 gone???

quick update: now 12.0 is gone from the account, and 11.x versions are all back.
Old 03-24-2015, 11:12 PM

Same here, was there for a while but gone again.

Jesper
Old 03-25-2015, 04:17 AM

This is a joke right

Why include 10/11 if we can't have the installers for them?

I am very very sorry this is happening and really feel for you guys. Embarrasing is a polite way to word this illconcieved product launch ..

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 03-25-2015, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
This is a joke right

Why include 10/11 if we can't have the installers for them?

I am very very sorry this is happening and really feel for you guys. Embarrasing is a polite way to word this ill concieved product launch ..
Chris:
You want to hear a good one - seek out the PTE podcast for this week #159.

It's for times like this I'm glad I have saved off every PT download I ever got in a couple of safe places so I'm not beholden on Avid keeping things in my account.

QAPLA!
Old 03-25-2015, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
It's for times like this I'm glad I have saved off every PT download I ever got in a couple of safe places so I'm not beholden on Avid keeping things in my account.
As should everyone. How this isn't part of every PT user's regimen is beyond me.

I've been thinking about doing a blog post about how to properly manage a DAW rig. Maybe someday.

Recently, I added a 16TB NAS to my system and it's been an incredible time saver. I have all my clients work backed up here, my laptop "time machines" to it, and I keep all my movies and tv shows etc on it as well. It's accessible from anywhere in world so I have all my stuff no matter where I am.

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 03-25-2015, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Mazurek View Post
As should everyone. How this isn't part of every PT user's regimen is beyond me.

I've been thinking about doing a blog post about how to properly manage a DAW rig. Maybe someday.

Recently, I added a 16TB NAS to my system and it's been an incredible time saver. I have all my clients work backed up here, my laptop "time machines" to it, and I keep all my movies and tv shows etc on it as well. It's accessible from anywhere in world so I have all my stuff no matter where I am.
respectfully, while i appreciate the offer, i don't want a blog post to teach me.

in a decade of professional work, i've always had backups, and i've never lost client data.

i have 98% of the installers i need, too. but life is busy, and i work >50 hours/week, and no one's perfect, and i just happen not to have installers for 11.3 or 11.3.1.

and technically that might be my "fault," but it's a reasonable expectation that Avid wouldn't yank the 11.x installers w/ no warning.

so i wrote here originally to very nicely ask if they could be put back up. and then they were, but w/o the 12.0 download, so i wrote about that too.
Old 03-25-2015, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
I think I see a clear reason why cloud collaboration wasn't incorporated in PT12 yet
Old 03-25-2015, 06:44 AM

i download pro tools 12 from my account but i cant activate pro tools no license on my ilok wtf
Old 03-25-2015, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan jetter View Post
respectfully, while i appreciate the offer, i don't want a blog post to teach me.

in a decade of professional work, i've always had backups, and i've never lost client data.

i have 98% of the installers i need, too. but life is busy, and i work >50 hours/week, and no one's perfect, and i just happen not to have installers for 11.3 or 11.3.1.

and technically that might be my "fault," but it's a reasonable expectation that Avid wouldn't yank the 11.x installers w/ no warning.

so i wrote here originally to very nicely ask if they could be put back up. and then they were, but w/o the 12.0 download, so i wrote about that too.
No disrespect was meant to you or others; it's just that a lot of people don't even think to keep the old downloads. And what's wrong with having someone do a blog post about the process for others to read and follow?

That you don't have installers for PT11.3.0 and 11.3.1 is not Avid's fault; you should have followed your own past process. I have no reasonable expectation that Avid will keep old downloads up for download. Avid is under no obligation to keep old installs available. Maybe some kind soul would send you the installers if you asked them.

QAPLA!