Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2012, 06:55 AM

Default Pro Tools 10.1.2 AND 10.2 ASIO Problems

Hey guys, I'm new here so please don't get all troll like on me!

I use my laptop to mix on as its more powerfull than my old faithfull desktop, and has been more than fine UNTIL i updated PT10 to the 10.1.2 patch. Suddenly my latest best friend ASIO4ALL pipes up and tells me that it cannot support the sample rate, select a new audio source. Now the greatest part, and yes Avid it isnt your fault is that i DO have a 002 Console but my laptop has not got a freaking firewire plug on it. Yay so i cannot access pro tools at all. So i got an idea, maybe its ASIO4ALL screwing up so hunting around for a new ASIO driver and found an older "cough" Digidesign one. Thats awesome, it did absolutely nothing EXCEPT now my ILOK is not recognised?!?!?! What the frick?

So LONG story short has anyone had this issue and know of a fix? I've trawled the forums for a fix and had no luck...... I have a few recordings due next week and cannot afford this to slow me down anymore!!

Thanks in advance!!: confused
Old 06-01-2012, 09:26 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 10.1.2 AND 10.2 ASIO Problems

Read my posts above on the 002r and PT 10.2. I'm going to guess that the current ASIO4ALL driver is fine and your real problem is with the iLok driver. Somehow, the latest iLok driver can install improperly and you get all kinds of wierd errors - including the one you got - but the iLok driver install looks OK but it may not be.

Greg
Intel i7 3930K, Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 (rev 1.0), 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 ram, EVGA Nvidea GT 720 TI video card, a Samsung 850 Pro (256 GB) OS drive, 2 Samsung 850 Pro's (512 GB) in externally mounted drive bays for session and sample storage, Win 10 Pro, PT Ultimate (Native)2019.10, HD Omni, HD I/O 16x16 .
Old 06-01-2012, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg M View Post
Read my posts above on the 002r and PT 10.2. I'm going to guess that the current ASIO4ALL driver is fine and your real problem is with the iLok driver. Somehow, the latest iLok driver can install improperly and you get all kinds of wierd errors - including the one you got - but the iLok driver install looks OK but it may not be.

Greg
Hi Greg, Thanks for your super fast reply.

Yup I've had issues with Ilok drivers. I work at an Audio college and had to fix that evil little problem on over 20 computers, quite frustrating indeed.

However I have RE-reinstalled the Ilok drivers which has let me in thankfully, but just back to encounter the origional issue. Firstly as soon as I go to open/create a session I get this message "Could not complete the Open Session... command because violation occurred, unable to read location: 0x00000004" (maybe 1 too many 0's ). Now if i was to jump out of PT and try again i would get this message stating "The selected ASIO audio device could not be initialized. Please choose another audio device.

So I have run this laptop for over 8 months with PT flawlessly, damn good little computer, however as soon as I ran the PT update 10.1.2 been having this issue. And yes I have already tried complete uninstall then re install approximately 3 times.. If you could shed any light at all as im running out of ideas! Haven't exactly got the cash to go out and by another interface just to mix?
Old 06-01-2012, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weiry View Post
Hi Greg, Thanks for your super fast reply.

Yup I've had issues with Ilok drivers. I work at an Audio college and had to fix that evil little problem on over 20 computers, quite frustrating indeed.

However I have RE-reinstalled the Ilok drivers which has let me in thankfully, but just back to encounter the origional issue. Firstly as soon as I go to open/create a session I get this message "Could not complete the Open Session... command because violation occurred, unable to read location: 0x00000004" (maybe 1 too many 0's ). Now if i was to jump out of PT and try again i would get this message stating "The selected ASIO audio device could not be initialized. Please choose another audio device.

So I have run this laptop for over 8 months with PT flawlessly, damn good little computer, however as soon as I ran the PT update 10.1.2 been having this issue. And yes I have already tried complete uninstall then re install approximately 3 times.. If you could shed any light at all as im running out of ideas! Haven't exactly got the cash to go out and by another interface just to mix?
Oh yeah, better mention I have the Realtek HD soundcard in my laptop, can reproduce up to 192k. I noticed that the ASIO4ALL menu says that it's Beyond Logic and that computers hate me...... I kinda noticed that.......bastards........
Old 06-03-2012, 11:40 AM

I don't know if this is helpful but I also have a Realtek card and discovered that PT (A4A) wanted to fire up in 88k mode, which ISN'T supported by our cards.
Old 06-03-2012, 03:54 PM

Hey man,

Thanks for the reply. The strangest thing is that i have never had a problem till the 10.1.2 update. I have used this for 95% of my mixing without a single issue, funny thing is its been quite reliable until it decided to crash HARD! Do you know a way to try to change the default setting of what PT boots as? The pain in the ringo star thing is i can't even get to the menus....

Cheers, concidering geting an mbox micro or something so i can work, very frustrating!
Old 06-06-2012, 04:44 AM

Hey guys still cant resolve the issue, dont want to do Mbox mini as i dont want to limit myself to a maximum of 48k, Has anyone got ANY ideas of other things i can try?
Old 06-08-2012, 03:52 PM

Ok so i think i may have found the solution. Uninstall or if possible roll back your audio driver from Realtek HD to where it is just High Definition Audio Device. Strait away pro tools booted up without a hitch and no errors opening a session. I will send a support email through to Realtek to see what can be done. but YAY!
Old 05-28-2013, 01:16 PM

Hello Everyone,

Nice to meet you all, I believe I found a solution for the ASIO issue.
(The ASIO issue with automatically resetting sample rate to one which isn't supported and then a message saying,"please switch to different audio device)

1. Uninstall ASIO4ALL drivers, then re-install.
(this will allow you to pass the Pro Tool Splash screen- in the beginning)

2. Select file a click New Session, and for Sample Rate select 192 kHz.
(This should reset the 88.2 to 192 - because the coding/bug issue)

3. Save this new file, and close it.

4. Start up your general session file, and it should work.

I hope this helps guys/gals. (: