Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2019, 04:20 AM

Default How do I get pro tools 12.8.3 to run on windows 7

Please !! Somebody throw me a lifeline as I'm getting nowhere trying to get pro tools to recognise or see my licence. I have recently purchased a Headrush looper and on the packaging / box it states "free version of Pro Tools First with extra plug-ins" with this purchase. I have gone through the rigmarole of registering myself with the necessary sites and have downloaded a compatible Pro-Tools version (12.8.3) for my current desktop OS. I know that I am not of the latest OS (windows 7) but surely if AVID / Pro-Tools are still allowing people to download from their site the last valid system that runs sufficiently with window 7, then in my world it means my free licence from Headrush should run this software and be applicable. I have a valid iLOK with my Licence moved across and when opening for the first time Pro-Tools it just tells me I don't have any licences in my account where it clearly shows a licence in the iLOK account. I then click in the initial window when Pro Tools has finished its loading up process but just prior to the main event coming on screen I am asked to "Select Licence to Activate" (at the bottom) … "Show Locations" and both the iLOK and also the "Computer Activations" boxes are blank ?? I don't know what to do … any ideas … anybody.

Thanks

Ray Marrs
Old 11-21-2019, 06:30 AM

Default Re: How do I get pro tools 12.8.3 to run on windows 7

Did you install Pro Tools or Pro Tools First? The license for First will not work with the standard Pro Tools program.
Old 11-21-2019, 07:05 AM

Default Re: How do I get pro tools 12.8.3 to run on windows 7

Hello , thanks for your response ... much appreciated.

Ahh, thats a very good question (thank you) I firstly downloaded (& perhaps this is my fault) from the Pro Tools OS compatability webpage a version of pro tools that is (said to be) compatible with Windows OS 7. So the more I'm thinking about it whilst typing away here ... perhaps Pro Tools First is no longer available to download for windows 7 compatability?? Sorry for my ignorance ... but do you know if this is the case??

Thanks Ray Marrs