Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2012, 06:37 AM

Default Error Message When Using Digi 002 Rack with Protools 9.0.6

I have a Digi002 rack that I've owned for a while and use to do all my recordings with Protools 7 and 8. I did the cross over upgrade to Protools 9. I now have the lastest updates...Protools 9.0.6. I have tried and tried to connect my Digi 002 rack and keep getting this error message, "Protools hardware not installed or used by another program." I did some research on this error message and found to press "N" while starting up Protools to get to the playback engine window, which I have done. But everytime I select Digi002 for my playback engine, it doesn't stick and causes protools to shut down. Now when I used Protools with Built in Output or Protools Aggregate, I can mix with my computer, but I need the audio interface of the digirack to record audio with my keyboard and also record vocals but can't get the digi002 rack to work ever since I did the upgrade and is very frustrating. I also use Presonus Studio Live 16.4.2 console but has limitations for editing. Recording is great. But want to use one daw, not switch back and forth from one to another. One for live recording and one for mixing. Just want to use one audio interface.

I have all the updated drivers, and updated software. Does anyone have a solution to this? I thought Digi 002 rack was compatible with Protools 9? I was able to use the rack just fine with the Protools 8 version. Very frustrated. I need a Protools brain buddy for this. any help appreciated.

Computer Specs: I have MacBookPro, OSX Snow Leopard
Thanks!

Warrioressx
Old 06-18-2012, 07:49 AM

Default Re: Error Message When Using Digi 002 Rack with Protools 9.0.6

It is compatible but SL has some weirdness and the 00x family drivers are flaky. All I know to suggest is to try a new user account, and set it all up from scratch - don't try importing settings from the other one because who knows where the hitch is? It's a pain, I know. And it may or may not fix it. But it's all I know to try other than wiping your system drive down to zeros and starting all over.

[Update:] Just noticed someone using PT10 and having the same issue. They said "the problem was the I/O settings, resetting all the functions to "default" made it work." ::shrug:: worth a try.

PT 2023.12 Ultimate | Clarett+ 8Pre | macOS 13.6.3 on a MacBook Pro M1 Max
PT 2023.12 | Saffire Pro 40 | Win10 latest, HP Z440 64GB
Old 06-18-2012, 01:32 PM

Thumbs up Re: Error Message When Using Digi 002 Rack with Protools 9.0.6

Thanks David! It did work. I have two MacBookPro computers. One 13" and one 17". I have Protools installed on both. 13" has PT Version 8.03. 17" has PT version 9.06 which is the one I was having problems with my Digi002r. 13" works fine with PT8. But since I did the crossover upgrade with my 17", I really wanted to take advantage of the new features in PT9 mainly because of the iLock and I can edit anywhere without the hardware. That was a big plus for me crossgrading. On my 17" I did create a new user, troubleshooting some things and it works like a dream now.

I am not sure what is causing the clash on my regular username except that I do have a Presonus Live 16.4.2 digital mixer and could be the issue. I don't want to delete it from my 17" because I use it for live stuff, webcasting and other things. I can use it with Protools but I was having issues with that as well, but different issues. I was limited to the 16 tracks on it where as PT allows for more virtual tracks. 16 is never enough for me. I was just wanting to be able to do everything with the Presonus Live but no can do. Maybe it can be done but I have been spending days trying to make it work right and because it was frustrating me, I went back to my Digi002r. Glad I did. Works like a dream like I remember. I love this thing. All I have to do is hook up my Motif and vocals and the rest is importing audio samples to do my projects. I can also use iDrums which was a pain with the Presonus.

So what I have resorted to for the time being is...use Presonus Studio Live 16.4.2 for my live gigs and use Digi002r in the studio for editing and mastering. I can work with that.

Thank you for your brains my friend. Now I can make some music. Digi002 problem resolved!

Grateful....

WarrioressX