Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-2004, 08:37 AM

Default unencountered problems with cross fades.

one piece of audio within my session will not let me apply a cross fade to it. all the other files and regions are fine and i can apply cross fades but this one piece of audio, which is a bounced file that i have then imported into the session, will not allow me to apply a cross fade too it. I am trying to use this one region as a loop, back to back with itself, but when i try and apply a cross fade it gives me the "not enough audio in the file/ adjust boundaries" message. the audio region is not very short and the cross fade i am trying to apply is longer than ones that have already worked on other regions.
the digidesign support line are no help what so ever, my registration form has been lost in the post and now it seems i am up s**t creek etc. well worth the expense of buying digi design products!
has anyone encountered this problem and solved it? please help. my thanks in advance.
Old 04-07-2004, 08:46 AM

Default Re: unencountered problems with cross fades.

rebounce the imported file and give it a little more audio on each side so PT has something to fade it with.. a cross fade will fade one piece of audio out and fade another in.. if there is no overlapping audio then how can PT create a fade?

if this doesnt make sense then post back again and ill try to explain it better..
Old 04-09-2004, 04:22 AM

the audio that i have used is large enough already, i've tried rebouncing it and all that but still no joy.
v strange, i can apply fade ins and outs to it but just cannot apply a cross fade between it and any other audio. ?????????
help!
Old 04-10-2004, 06:30 AM

It's not a matter of how large it is. It is a matter of whether there is anything to cross fade with. The region you're using represents the entire audio file. There is no audio in the file before or after the defined region. There's nothing to cross fade with. What you need to do is use the trimmer to trim a chunk from the start and end of the region, then you can crossfade it. Because the region is trimmed, there is now audio outside of the defined region to use in the cross fade.
www.cd-romney.com
www.ncarts.edu/ncsaprod/designandproduction