Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)

Old 05-27-2013, 07:10 PM

Default Pro Tools 9.0.6 not recognizing HD Omni

First post! :)

Hi guys, Brian here. I just have a quick query..

I updated from 9.0.5 to 9.0.6 last week, and PT has had problems reading my HD Native card. I can start PT fine, but both the mac and PT won't read the HD Native card. I'd have to do a clean uninstall, and reinstall for my mac to read the HD native card. Has this happened to anyone? I'm not really keen on reinstalling PT every morning when I get to work

The worst part of this problem is, I'd reinstall, get it back to 9.0.5, and work for the rest of the day without problems. However I'd come back to work the next day and the same problem happens again.....

Thanks in advance for your help!!

Avid HD Omni, Pro Tools 9 HD. Avid Mojo
Old 05-28-2013, 07:24 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 9.0.6 not recognizing HD Omni

Did you try holding down the "N" key as you launch Protools? I found that sometimes after an update or re-install that I have to do this for it to recognize everything. You should only have to do it once and it will be fine from then on (until maybe you do another update).
Old 05-28-2013, 09:14 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 9.0.6 not recognizing HD Omni

Tried holding down the N key, got to the output dialogue, changed to HD Native, restarted computer, same result

There must be a solution to this...

Is there a way to downgrade the drivers for my HD Omni? Because when I do a full installation of PT 9.0.1 and I start PT, it says that my Omni Drivers are on a higher version that 9.0.1 can support. Perhaps I upgraded my Omni drivers to 9.0.6..

Avid HD Omni, Pro Tools 9 HD. Avid Mojo