Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2015, 05:16 PM

Default Avid Customer Care

**Disclaimer, this looked like the most appropriate place to put this in the forums. If it belongs somewhere else, please fee free to move it.

I work at a studio that has a PT12 monthly subscription (as well as many other PT licenses) which includes technical assistance over the phone.

Honestly, I have had the WORST experience in receiving technical support. Sure, the "technicians" are nice enough, but they do not know a damn thing about the product they are providing technical support for.

Both times I have spoken with them, I did not get my problem resolved.

One, I had a strange error message that popped up only on our PT11 and 12 rigs (not on PT10), including the one with the support contract. First, the technician gave me grief about not calling about a problem specific to only the product covered under the customer care agreement. I finally persuaded him to help me, as the problem does exist on the system running that license. He spent over an hour on a remote log in session on my computer and decided that he had no clue how to fix the problem.

Today, my issue is that I have two video files that have the same exact codec which is on the list of approved codecs for PT12 (Apple ProRes 422 Proxy). Both open and play in Quicktime. One of them opens in pro tools just fine. The other will not open in pro tools and I receive a message stating that there is a missing codec. When I asked him why the two videos would behave differently in pro tools, he sounded confused. Again, we spent maybe an hour or more on a remote login and all he managed to do was trash my preferences and try it again and found that it still didn't work.

He told me he would "record the error and do more research and email me again in the future."

You should hire technical support staff that knows what they are talking about. I honestly know more about Pro Tools than these goobers. By the way, how much you pay those guys? Is it worth me leaving my job and working for you? I would do a way better job then the people you have now.
Old 08-11-2015, 01:18 PM

Default Re: Avid Customer Care

Sorry to hear that this was your experience. I'll PM you to get the studio info (since I couldn't look anything up based on your community email address) and see what I can find out about your case.