How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 05:31 AM

Default Re: Missing iLok authorization for Pro Tools 10 - PT won't launch

I too am having the same problem on my Mac Pro. Will your email from PACE help for Macs? If so can you please forward along to [email protected]

thanks!
Old 02-28-2012, 10:02 AM

Hey I'm having the same trouble. Would you forward the email to me too?

[email protected]

Thanks.
Old 02-29-2012, 04:30 AM

heys

this is my story...

I have been using my new protools 10 with ilok for a short time.. sometimes is was detecting occasionally but most times not

all of a sunden my ilok is not being recognized by protools at all.. "error missing ilok authorization"

.............. but usb stik is still being recognized by windows 7 and blue light on

i go to ilok web site and notice my ilok licence in suddenly defined as trial licence with an expiry date thats gone by

i follow a link and the licence becomes fully fledged and expiring never

restart..but no love from protools.. cant get it to recognize anymore

tried installing a driver from ilok

still no good

where's dr phil when ya need him?

to think i was offered a hack version and turned it down and shelled for a legit copy...

what next?
Old 02-29-2012, 04:35 AM

can i get a copy too thankx?
[email protected]

hey avid if your reading this ...not happy!!
Old 02-29-2012, 12:12 PM

Hey guys,

I'm a new Pro Tools 10 user and experienced the "Missing iLok authorization" issue. I read through this thread and got seriously depressed.

I did receive an ASC code when I registered my iLok (never used one before) and installed Pro Tools. But I kept getting that error message. So I tried logging on to Customer Support but it wouldn't take my ASC #. So I called the customer support number. I said on hold for about 30 mins. But I did get Eric who told me about the missing step and walked me through it. Now I'm rocking and sooooo happy.

Kudos to Eric for being da man.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:40 AM

Can i have a copy of the email too ! im getting the same error.. my email is [email protected]
Old 03-06-2012, 06:58 AM

I appear to be in a similar situation as everyone else. Anyone got any suggestions? Here's my situation + actions taken so far (copied and pasted from my blog).
  • Pro Tools + iLok WERE working fine. I opened a session when I first built my PC last week, no problem. Running fine with ASIO4ALL.
    I installed one of these firewire cards plus the drivers for it.
    Tried to open Pro Tools, was greeted with a message saying something along the lines of “missing authorization, please insert the correct iLok”.
    iLok can now no longer be seen at iLok.com, or by Pro Tools software. Tried accessing the website using Firefox 10.0.2, IE9, latest Chrome. Can’t seem to install IE8.
    The iLok DOES show up in “Device Manager”, so the PC CAN see it.
    The iLok DOES show up at iLok.com when I plug it into my Macbook (Snow Leopard, 10.6.8 and latest Firefox).
    Have tried multiple USB ports, both on PC and powered hub.
    Have installed numerous versions of the drivers.
    Have done everything in this DUC thread.
    Have followed the instructions in this bug report.

And still nothing. The only thing I’ve still to try is either reinstalling PT (not hopeful) OR removing the Firewire card and uninstalling the drivers to see if there’s some conflict there, but given it's a TI card, I see that as unlikely. That’s literally the only thing left I think can possibly be causing this, and I don’t see how that’s possible?

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
Asus pxz68-v/gen3 Motherboard
Intel i5 2500k proc
Kingston Hyper-X Plug n Play RAM, 2 x 4gb
Nvidia GTX560

On top of this, my ASC codes are invalid if I put them in to request support, but if I retrieve details, it tells me that one of my codes is good for use. What gives?

Help hugely appreciated, going out of my mind.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:52 AM

Regarding the above, I reinstalled Pro Tools from scratch and it didn't work. But this time around, moving my iLok to a different USB port has sorted things.

Hope this helps other people going crazy!
Old 03-09-2012, 01:52 PM

Seems I spoke too soon, after closing down the other night and then re-opening Pro Tools, I'm greeted with the same error.

Who do we contact if our ASC code is coming up invalid despite it being very much valid? I need a customer support person to pay attention to this or I'm going to have to ditch Pro Tools.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:43 PM

Hey do you think you could please send me the email you mentioned in your post about the iloks not working after you install the pro tools 10 upgrade... Im having the same problem, thanks.
Closed Thread