How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2015, 11:15 AM

Default Can't download protools because Avid wants me to update billing address

Good afternoon everyone.

I decided to take the plunge and get on a subscription for protools 12. I bought it direct from the Avid store of course. Problem is I'm unable to activate anything because it tells me I need to verify my billing address... OK so I do. I follow the link, I click confirm, it adds the 4 digit zip code extension, I click confirm again, and well... it updates nothing. I've even tried changing the mailing address completely, and still nothing is updated.

Until I solve this, apparently I'm in punitive hell and can't use Pro Tools 12. Is there a trick I'm missing here? I'm on a Mac, and I tried 3 different browsers thinking maybe it's a browser compatibility issue. I don't have cookies blocked or anything that would cause a problem with the site.

Anyone?
Old 04-05-2015, 12:14 PM

Default Re: Can't download protools because Avid wants me to update billing address

What does your ZIP Code look like EXACLY when you get your normal mailbox mail? Not emails

We had the same issue until I made the space correct in our zip code, weird as hell but that fixed it for us.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 04-05-2015, 12:18 PM

Default Re: Can't download protools because Avid wants me to update billing address

Thanks for the reply.

I looked at 4 pieces of mail and it's 30097-1871. that's exactly what it is. I put that in (and if I don't the form modifies it for me) and click confirm and nothing is updated. Like I did nothing.

Any other thoughts? (I emailed store support but who knows how many months it will take before they respond)
Old 04-06-2015, 07:13 AM

Sorry for bumping this, hoping a moderator might see this to alert Avid, or perhaps someone's aware of a number I can actually call to get phone support for this issue? I can't seem to find one on the site.

Many thanks gentle folks.
Old 04-06-2015, 08:29 AM

650-237-1700 option 3. I figured that out by calling a different number and getting to the wrong human who was nice enough to give me the number to get to the right human. :) Crossing fingers.
Old 04-06-2015, 08:49 AM

So this is interesting.

The human wasn't able to fix it either. He got stuck in the same pattern I did. He's escalating the issue. In the mean time, he's generating a temporary 3 months license of PT12 for me and sending me the download info. I guess that's OK given that I subscribed. So from that standpoint Avid responded appropriately.

What's troubling is that when I asked how long it might take to resolve this, the answer was: within a month. (you can guess I found that answer a bit jarring) So I'm going to give this polite human the benefit of the doubt since I'm sure he has no visibility into the issue once escalated.

So the number and extension I called works in case someone else hits a snag with ordering.

Peace.
Old 04-07-2015, 12:08 PM

Updating folks on what I'm learning from Avid.

First I want to say that Avid has been extremely friendly and responsive. I understand a lot of folks are upset with them, but I can honestly say my experience so far has been pleasant.

The status is that in fact the web application is not working correctly, and in my case it's causing my update and confirmation of my address to not work. The IT team is working on a fix, but it's unclear as to when that will be deployed. There's no way for the support person to know that.

Avid called me back just now and offered a couple of options. Of course one of them is wait for it to be fixed, and I'm not comfortable doing that. One of the other options is to cancel the order, get a refund, reorder over the phone with a human, which seems to get me past all these problems. Since they've offered to handle it all, I took the offer.

So if you run into this issue, just call the number and talk to a human (politely) and you'll get the help you need it seems and in fairly quick order I'd say (no pun intended).

Peace
Old 04-07-2015, 12:32 PM

Ok so they did what they said they would do. For future reference, here is what the bug is:

If you have a zip code without its extension (30097 and not 30097-1871) it will ask you to confirm your address because the system wants to add it. The reason I couldn't confirm and fix the extension was because I already had the subscription in place (hence the bug).

To correctly get a subscription working off the store right now, here is what you should do:

1- Login to your avid account
2- in My account update the billing and shipping info.
3- Make sure it has the right 4 digit zip code (in fact clicking confirm will automatically insert that information for you)
4- Confirm both billing and shipping.
5- Make sure you have your iLok account linked from the MyAccount page.

Then go get your subscription. It all works fine then.

R
Old 04-07-2015, 12:39 PM

Nice to see this outcome.
They were extremely helpful when I called, and I let them drive remotely to ensure that all my settings were correct, which they corrected one or two, and showed me how to navigate a couple of other things.

Having them drive was very helpful as it visually showed me in realtime what I needed.
Video Card:AMD Radeon HD 6970M-1024 MB, Audio Interface: Avid Fast Track Duo
Midi I/O: Arturia, (The Laboratory 49), V-Collection 3 & 4, Beta Tester for V-5 & Analog Lab 2.
Old 04-07-2015, 09:30 PM

I wish Avid would go back to they days of Pro tools 9 installs
Plugin your ilok
Put in the DVD
Click install and go.
All of this garbage just to get PT running is huge pain for new users.