Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools | MTRX & MTRX Studio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2017, 09:56 AM
Avid

Default Re: Pro Tools MTRX

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulo m View Post
Hi Jeff, just two questions if you don´t mind:

1-I believe Blue Mode is only available when using DSP AAX plugins. Does this apply to only the print tracks, eg the tracks where the sources will be recorded, or indeed applies to the source tracks as well?

2-Is Blue Mode available under all types of record modes, like quick punch, track punch, DPE etc?

Thanks in advance.

Greetings,

Print Tracks (in Input) can only utilize AAX DSP plug-ins. Source tracks which are upstream can definitely take advantage of AAX Native & DSP plug-ins without a problem. If you are also doing encode & decode in your session (like the attached shows an LTRT example) then you need to use AAX DSP plug-ins only on those Aux tracks as well. This workflow was really intended and tested specifically for use with Destructive Punch record mode. Hope this helps.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/on8lmi5a8k...rding.png?dl=0

Jeff
MTRX FAQ
Old 03-18-2017, 12:32 AM

Jeff, just confirming, with the dual Madi cards with SFP, does that replace the HD Madi box?
I can go SFP direct to RMU and SFP direct to dubber?
Old 03-18-2017, 03:26 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwa View Post
Jeff, just confirming, with the dual Madi cards with SFP, does that replace the HD Madi box?
I can go SFP direct to RMU and SFP direct to dubber?
You can outfit the MTRX with a considerable number of MADI channels, yes. Understand though that your maximum channel count to ingest into Pro Tools (and return to the MTRX) is 64 channels based on the 2 DigiLink connections.

The stem recorder in the example system I described is capable of receiving and printing 192 channels as it features multiple HD-MADI interfaces. You could also cascade multiple MTRX interfaces and interface them to a two card HDX system for example.

Jeff
MTRX FAQ
Old 03-18-2017, 07:03 PM

Thanks you Jeff. My idea is HDX2 sending 128 Madi to Mtrx. Then Hdx2 dubber recieving 128 Madi from Mtrx. If I get an RMU I simply add that also with 128 Madi in and out from Mtrx. Is there a better way to set this up?
Old 03-18-2017, 07:05 PM

Right, but you'll need two MTRX units to handle the Pro Tools side of the I/O. Strange there's no extra DigiLink card for it.
Old 03-26-2017, 05:37 PM

Here is a nice Tutorial on the MTRX unit from Sara Griffith of Westlake Pro.
Sara installed and supported my DAD AX32 ( Same as the MTRX) and my DAD DX32.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxB1sVLWFgw

There are I believe 10 tutorials to watch.
IMDB http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0401937/
Like everything in life, there are no guarantees just opportunities.
Old 04-03-2017, 10:49 AM

Is there any word on rather or not the inclusion of Dante here will mean we can get a user definable IO latency setting in PT?

It seems there are a lot of issues with a Dante wired setup that would require this, for instance if a studio has one MTRX in the live room and one in the CR with Dante between- tracking with a hardware insert would require an extra IO loop.

Not a problem with quality AD/DA's, except that our software now has no ability to deal with that timing offset. The timestamps are wrong and the workarounds are just as clunky as they have always been.

It seems Dante setups would create a lot of issues like this, especially where someone might also integrate rednet devices or other stageboxes etc.
Old 04-05-2017, 01:46 PM
Avid

Greetings,

As far as DANTE is concerned on the MTRX, it is just one type of digital IO possible by adding the IP audio option card and addressable in the routing matrix in DADman.

Throughput latency going DANTE In to DANTE Out with the MTRX is very similar to that of MADI In to MADI Out by a few samples. Certainly if you are integrating software solutions like Dante Virtual Soundcard you are going to induce a bunch of delay for the IO buffers, however you will not if you are connecting devices using the Brooklyn II chipset.

https://www.audinate.com/products/ma...te-brooklyn-ii

best,

Jeff
MTRX FAQ
Old 04-15-2017, 08:40 PM

Does the monitor section of the MTRX work with D-Controls? Or is MTRX limited to S3, S6, etc?

Thanks,

J
Old 04-15-2017, 08:44 PM
Avid

Greetings,

Only control surfaces that speak EUCON can be used to access and control the MTRX monitor section. D-Control and D-Command (and all previous Digidesign Control Surfaces) are not EUCON capable. S6, S3, and Pro Tools | Dock can be used to control the MTRX monitoring, though S6 currently has the most functionality.

best,

Jeff
MTRX FAQ