Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2016, 12:29 AM

Default Re: Trouble Installing Izotope Vinyl to Pro Tools 11

You enter the serial number within the I-lok manager, not when starting Pro Tools. Log onto the I-lok manager, and there's, if memory serves, a "redeem license" option that will allow you to do this.
Old 05-13-2016, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw rec View Post
You enter the serial number within the I-lok manager, not when starting Pro Tools. Log onto the I-lok manager, and there's, if memory serves, a "redeem license" option that will allow you to do this.
I think this is going back where this thread has already been.

I am pretty sure Izotope Vinyl uses a provided serial number and does not use iLok licensing. There is no iLok license to redeem.
Old 05-13-2016, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
I think this is going back where this thread has already been.

I am pretty sure Izotope Vinyl uses a provided serial number and does not use iLok licensing. There is no iLok license to redeem.
You're right - Vinyl does not use iLok licensing. Izotope's web page doesn't even say what licensing method it does use (at least not that I can find).

QAPLA!
Old 05-13-2016, 11:42 AM

IIRC when downloading or authorizing on Izotope's website, can't remember where it was, you are asked if you want to use Serial Number or iLok to authorize. If you chose iLok, but are trying to use the Serial Number I don't think that will work. With the new Vinyl I had no problems downloading, installing or authorizing to my iLok or using on Windows 8.1 and PT 12.5.
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction
Old 05-13-2016, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Weed View Post
IIRC when downloading or authorizing on Izotope's website, can't remember where it was, you are asked if you want to use Serial Number or iLok to authorize. If you chose iLok, but are trying to use the Serial Number I don't think that will work. With the new Vinyl I had no problems downloading, installing or authorizing to my iLok or using on Windows 8.1 and PT 12.5.
Huh? There is nowhere to select iLok licensing for Vinyl. It's serial number only AFAIK.

If you know different could you post a screenshot of your ILM showing the Vinyl license. (blur/don't show other keys)

This has nothing to do with iLok licensing that iZotope supports for other products. IZotope likely smartly decided paying iLok fees for a free plugin made no sense.
Old 05-13-2016, 02:58 PM

I hear from iZotope folks that they have some ideas for the OP to try, hopefully they will be in touch with him soon. iZotope makes great products, its a pity that licensing problems are biting here.
Old 05-13-2016, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Huh? There is nowhere to select iLok licensing for Vinyl. It's serial number only AFAIK.

If you know different could you post a screenshot of your ILM showing the Vinyl license. (blur/don't show other keys)

This has nothing to do with iLok licensing that iZotope supports for other products. IZotope likely smartly decided paying iLok fees for a free plugin made no sense.
My apologies, Vinyl indeed does not use an iLok, I must have been recalling the installation of another Izotope product.
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction
Old 05-13-2016, 07:34 PM

My Vinyl Serial Number is visible in my iZotope account>“Purchase History”

I went to my iZotope account>Product Updates page.
Downloaded iZotope_Vinyl_v1_80.exe (Latest Update released February 2, 2016)

Installed Vinyl, instantiated it as a MULTI-MONO plug-in on a stereo Audio Track.

“iZotope Authorization” pop-up window appeared.
Entered my Serial Number/Name/Email Address/Country

I was then given the choice of either Online or Offline Authorization.

Authorized/Activated OK here on Win7
Pro Tools Studio 2024.3 * SSL UC-1 * Digidesign Command 8 * TECH 21 SansAmp 2.0 * Xvive U3 2.4Ghz Wireless Microphone * Shure SM57 & Rode NT2-A * Fender 30 & Champ 12 valve amps * M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 * PreSonus Speakers & Monitor Station V2 * Lenovo W520 laptop Type 427637U (32 GB RAM) with extra-Ports Dock + SSDs: 2 @ Samsung T5 + 1 @ Samsung T7 * 3 Screens: 15.6” Laptop + 24” BENQ GL2450-B + Samsung 27” CT550 curved Monitor * best Wife!
Old 05-13-2016, 07:48 PM

Please note: A serial number is required in order to authorize and use Vinyl. Vinyl will not operate without a serial number.
To receive your free serial number for Vinyl, visit https://account.izotope.com/en/produ...ruments/vinyl/
Click on the blue $0.00 where it says:
Price: $0.00 USD
Add Vinyl to your cart, and proceed to checkout. Vinyl will appear at checkout with a price of $0. Once you have completed checkout (and don't worry, you won't need to get out your credit card!), you will receive an email with your unique serial number.
To install Vinyl, please follow these three simple steps:
1. Choose which version of the product installer to download, PC or Mac.
2. After you download, run the product installer.
3. After you run the installer, load Vinyl as a plug-in in your host. You will be prompted to enter the serial number from the email you received when you instantiate Vinyl on an audio track.
Pro Tools Studio 2024.3 * SSL UC-1 * Digidesign Command 8 * TECH 21 SansAmp 2.0 * Xvive U3 2.4Ghz Wireless Microphone * Shure SM57 & Rode NT2-A * Fender 30 & Champ 12 valve amps * M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 * PreSonus Speakers & Monitor Station V2 * Lenovo W520 laptop Type 427637U (32 GB RAM) with extra-Ports Dock + SSDs: 2 @ Samsung T5 + 1 @ Samsung T7 * 3 Screens: 15.6” Laptop + 24” BENQ GL2450-B + Samsung 27” CT550 curved Monitor * best Wife!
Old 05-13-2016, 08:09 PM

iZotope Vinyl is available in AAX 64bit, RTAS, as well as VST2 & VST3 (32 & 64bit).