Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments

Old 09-19-2011, 04:44 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools creative collection plug in

turn the screws..
Old 09-23-2011, 09:57 AM

Exclamation Re: Pro Tools creative collection plug in

Quote:
Originally Posted by JE33 View Post
I am having a lot of problems with plugs in for PT 8. No matter what I do boom plug will not put out any sound. Expand 2 will not work with my midi keyboard and one plug in when I hit my keys it shut pro tools all the down.. The only plug in that works is db33. Do anyone have any suggestion.
Start a new thread......Maybe you can get someone's attention that way.

Read the other posts with your same problem.

Should be getting the midi lights on you pt interface - if your not start there.
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 09-23-2011, 02:08 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools creative collection plug in

Quote:
Originally Posted by JE33 View Post
Do anyone have any suggestion.
Please post your system details, platform details and any other information that will help us help you.
Old 03-15-2021, 08:05 AM

Default Re: Adding new drum kit in Boom

Hi,

I am looking into the idea of developing a plugin very similar to boom but that you can load your own samples. Do you think this is a good idea? Which features would you like included? Would you pay 29.99$?
Thanks,

Federico
Old 03-15-2021, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by federico View Post
Hi,

I am looking into the idea of developing a plugin very similar to boom but that you can load your own samples. Do you think this is a good idea? Which features would you like included? Would you pay 29.99$?
Thanks,

Federico
First step would be to pose this question in a completely new thread(not this 10-year old thread)

Second, I suspect it would be of interest to many, especially at that kind of price.

Third, analyze and choose your intended market carefully. For example, if you are aiming at folks that want "real" sounding drums, look at your competition(EZdrummer, Addictive Drums, BFD, Superior Drummer) and try to figure out how to compete(competing on price is a valid route).

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 03-15-2021, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
First step would be to pose this question in a completely new thread(not this 10-year old thread)

Second, I suspect it would be of interest to many, especially at that kind of price.

Third, analyze and choose your intended market carefully. For example, if you are aiming at folks that want "real" sounding drums, look at your competition(EZdrummer, Addictive Drums, BFD, Superior Drummer) and try to figure out how to compete(competing on price is a valid route).
Hi,

Thanks for the answer. I wish I could post this in a new thread. But for some reason I cannot see the new thread button. I have written to the forum contact several times about this issue and they haven't responded.

I am aiming the market of those don't wanna settle for the sounds that come in the plug-in so they can add their own custom sound at an affordable price.

Any features suggestion is highly appreciated. What do you like about Boom, what don't you like?
Old 03-15-2021, 07:35 PM

Just me, but I hardly like anything about BOOM! but that's down to my preferred styles of music( or maybe my lack of taste). Usually,I want drums that sound like a drummer playing a kit(BOOM! is more like a beat box). For me, Superior Drummer 3 nails that quite nicely. I know it's not cheap, but having been a Toontrack customer for many years, I have amassed a sizeable collection of sounds that work within that main plugin(and it also does an excellent job of replacing drum sounds on existing drum tracks). Keep in mind that I am primarily a mix engineer, so those that are using PT to create music will have different needs

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 03-15-2021, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Just me, but I hardly like anything about BOOM! but that's down to my preferred styles of music( or maybe my lack of taste). Usually,I want drums that sound like a drummer playing a kit(BOOM! is more like a beat box). For me, Superior Drummer 3 nails that quite nicely. I know it's not cheap, but having been a Toontrack customer for many years, I have amassed a sizeable collection of sounds that work within that main plugin(and it also does an excellent job of replacing drum sounds on existing drum tracks). Keep in mind that I am primarily a mix engineer, so those that are using PT to create music will have different needs
That's exactly what I want to create this plugin, because I don't usually like boom's sounds in it. So you can upload.your own samples to it and have a step sequencer matrix that comes handy when composing EDM and reggaeton. And it will work great for DJ'S that want to create music live. It's kind of a FL Studio but that actually works as a plugin and not a slave software. And a lot cheaper than superior drummer. I use ez drummer 2 when I want to record real drums, but I don't have the step sequencer matrix when wanting to create "simple" repetitive patterns for making EDM and Reggaeton beats.
Old 03-18-2021, 08:45 PM

Quote:

For the composer studio (like mine), Boom is another good tool in the sonic tool box. Ever since PT added the commit to track function, new possibilities in creating drum tracks have emerged for me using Boom because its a snap to solo and convert the individual kit parts to audio and mix/process that way. Before Commit, that was a tedious process, so I used Boom less. But now, I find all sorts of ways I can use it. Sometimes I just want a kick. Other times maybe just some other rhythmic sound. And other times a entire beat. Regardless, I always solo individual parts and commit to their own audio tracks for the mix and that just enhances everything.

Do I wish I could import my own samples to Boom? Not really, because I already have so many other good drum plugins - Strike, Transfuser, Reason Redrum and Kong, and a couple others. I'm never at a loss for drum sounds. If only I was an actual drummer...