Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11

Old 08-23-2014, 11:00 PM

Default Bug?: Import Session Data Window Too Big

Hi All,

I'm having a strange bug on my system. I'm on PTHD11.2.1 on Windows 7. When I open the Import Session Data window-- the window is too long. So long that it continues off the screen and I can't see anything past the "Do Not Import" radio button. I've tried every screen resolution setting and none of them seem to have any affect on this problem.

The only workaround is that if I switch my screen into "portrait" mode, I can at least see the entire window. However, then its sideways.

I can't seem to find any info on the DUC or the Knowledgebase. Any thoughts? I've done a fresh install and trashed prefs...
Old 08-23-2014, 11:10 PM

Default Re: Bug?: Import Session Data Window Too Big

Switch to sideways and resize the window and them switch it back to regular.
Custom Build CPU, HDX 1, Omni, 192 I/O Digital
S6 M10 24 fader
Satellite Mac Pro, HDNative, 192 I/0
Black Magic HD Extreme
Old 08-23-2014, 11:40 PM

Yeah... Unfortunately, that window doesn't allow me to resize.
Old 08-24-2014, 06:22 AM

If you hover over the top of the top horizontal frame of the window : up/down arrows do not appear ?
This would allow making the window smaller from top to bottom. After that, the whole window can be dragged higher.
Win7 64bit Professional , i7 3930 Hexcore , 48GB Ram , SSD System + SSD PT Session/Audio + SSD Video (all Samsung 840 Evo) + Spinner 1TB Data , 2x Radeon HD 5450 \\ SD 633 Femto MKH8060 MKH8070 MKH30/MKH40 DPA4060
Old 08-24-2014, 07:24 AM

That's what's strange. When I grab the window boundary, the window itself drops down and disappears off the end of the screen...

So... is that the way it usually works? You're able to just grab the handles like any normal window and resize it? I've never needed to resize it before.

Thanks!

C.
Old 01-22-2016, 02:01 PM

I'm having this exact same problem with my new PT 12 Subscription. Sorry to resurrect an old thread but this is exactly the issue I'm having and I don't see an answer on how it was resolved.
Thanks
Old 01-22-2016, 06:04 PM

All having this issue; come on folks...how about some info on your setup?? Especially screen size and resolution Give us a fighting chance to help

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 01-23-2016, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
All having this issue; come on folks...how about some info on your setup?? Especially screen size and resolution Give us a fighting chance to help
It ended up being a resolution issue. I'm running a high end PC but am using a 32' HDMI Flat Screen T.V. The native resolution is low like 1360x768. When I game I have the resolution set higher like 1920x1080, so I had the regular screen resolution set to the same.

That's all fine except that it makes the text very small, s I increased the Text Size to 125-150%. That created an issue when I opened/created a session it would cut the menu items off from the top so that they were not completely legible.

To correct that I set the Display Screen Resolution to Native. That fixed the menu option and made things much easier to read. However it created the next issue which was when I imported the session it was cutting off the bottom of the window and not allowing me to press the done/finished button or see any of the bottom 1/4 of the window. When I hit the top to resize, the window would roll up and disappear.

So I now have the resolution at a compromise 1680x1050 and text at 100% (recommended). I can both read the menu and import session and see the window and complete the command.

I will have to invest in a real flat panel instead of using a 1080P TV, it doesn't have enough pixels or something to display things the best like a PC Monitor etc..

Thanks
Old 01-23-2016, 11:52 AM

Interesting. It really depends on how far the screen is from your face(and maybe how your eyes are aging). I was using a 32" LED TV at 1920x1080 and liked it plenty(at about 36" away). Currently using a 42"(at about 42" away). Thinking about going bigger, but that's another discussion, but at any rate, I remember PT having a minimum resolution back in the days of 6/7/8. Not sure if they dropped that requirement or not. Beyond that, if it looks good, I would roll with it, but most flatscreens are best looking at their default(aka "native") resolution

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 11-28-2016, 12:47 PM

On a standard MacBook Pro, Pro Tools 12.5.2 has a similar issue where the "MATCH TRACKS" section gets squeezed to only allow seeing one or two track names at a time. The Scroll buttons are basically as big as the sliver of space allotted for the tracks.
Why can't we have resizable sections, as I definitely prioritize the bottom two areas over any of the initial info in the top 2 sections...
Since repeat visits retain the "previous" values for TimeCode, Import Options, etc. why not make the only area that requires a selection the largest space hog?
Mac Pro, os12.6.3, PT 22.12 HDX, 2xAlphalink,1xDeltaLink,
Mac Mini, os12.6.3, PT 22.12 HD Native + HD Omni, Artist Series Mix x 2, Artist Series MC Transport, Atmos 5.1.4
VENUE SC48 3.2 with iPad Control
SSL Duality
SSL Duality via ipMIDI / ∂elta Automation Plug-In