Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack

Old 01-30-2014, 12:15 AM

Default No signal from Ditto Looper in the FX Loop of the Avid Eleven Rack

I am able to use the ditto looper by plugging my guitar into the input and headphones into the output of the ditto looper. I can record a loop, hear it in the headphones, and then play along with it. However, when I connect a 1/4 cable from the Eleven Rack FX Loop Send into the input of the Ditto Looper, then connect another 1/4 cable from the Eleven Rack FX Loop Return to the output of the Ditto Looper, I cannot hear any output from the ditto looper via the headphones connected to the Eleven Rack headphone jack. I have checked the signal path of my Eleven Rig and the FX Loop is not bypassed. How would you go about using the Ditto Looper with the Eleven Rack? Is anyone else having this problem?
Old 01-30-2014, 12:34 AM

Default Re: No signal from Ditto Looper in the FX Loop of the Avid Eleven Rack

You do hear normal playing though the headphones right?

Most of these problems are caused by having the FX loop send, return and mix settings incorrect. Have you read the Elven Rack User Guide about the FX Loop and tried adjusting those FX loop settings?

You should be using the L/Mono side of the FX loop and the FX Loop in the rig should be in mono mode. All explained in the User Guide.

Eleven Rack rear panel FX Loop return level push switches should be set to the stompbox position, but if set wrong that won't stop this working.

If checking the above does not help then, as with any guitar amp FX loop debugging, grab a straight through piece of cable and jumper the loop output to loop input and make sure that works as well (at 100% FX loop mix).
Old 01-30-2014, 09:15 AM

Hello Darryl,

Thank you very much for your reply. Last night, I had already checked the Eleven Rack manual for FX loop settings from the User settings and confirmed the loop return was set to the stomp box position. I'll try the FX loop debugging with a different stomp box.

Good idea.

Thank you.

Daniel
Old 01-30-2014, 01:23 PM

What I was mostly talking about are not "user settings" they are the FX loop send, return and mix settings in the FX block in the rig.
Old 01-30-2014, 03:00 PM

Hello Darryl,

Thank you again for responding to my post. Have you actually confirmed that the Ditto looper works within the FX Loop of the Eleven Rack?

If so, can you send me a brief list of each step you took to configure it?

That way I can compare it to my own steps that are failing.

Thank you again.

Daniel
Old 01-30-2014, 05:56 PM

Default No signal from Ditto Looper in the FX Loop of the Avid Eleven Rack

Any FX pedal will work in the FX loop. I am not rewriting the user guide to tell you how to set this up. I have already suggested specific things to test....

So again, what is the FX loop % mix, send and receive levels set to? Have you tried a straight through cable at 100% mix... you will have at least two cables in front if you, you need just one for the test. It should take minutes to try all I suggested . What is stopping you doing that?
Old 02-14-2014, 05:45 AM

Thank you for your help! Connecting the guitar directly to the Ditto Looper and then sending the Ditto Looper's output to the Eleven Rack solved the problem.
I haven't done your test of the FX loop, but I will this weekend and update the post shortly.
Old 02-14-2014, 05:48 AM

By sending, I meant plugging the Ditto looper's output into the eleven rack's guitar input on the front panel.
Old 02-18-2014, 06:11 PM

You need to enable (bypass unlighted) the effect loop in each rig if you want the signal to pass to you ditto looper.

Actually I think it make more sense to have a looper in the effect loop as you can record a loop with one rig and play on top of it with another rig.