Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-31-2003, 07:24 AM

Default DIGI ... Incredible Spelling errors in Spanish

I didn't get any response, so I'm being brave and hope that I don't get banned for saying this. I have written several times in regards of many spelling errors in your Spanish site. It seems that some of the errors are basically typos, and could be fixed easily. Many of your translations to Spanish are awkward, do not read properly and were done by someone who is not entirely fluent.

Personally, I think is your name on top of the page, and this errors depict that you either hire incompetent people or just don't care about the way you present yourself to the Hispanic world.
(Besides many other things, but I'm being brief)

I make my living translating and writing Spanish/English documents. I see these errors every day and make many also. My intention is merely to point out that these mistakes must be corrected.

Chucktoledo.
Carlos Camilo Toledo
Old 12-31-2003, 08:01 AM

Default Re: DIGI ... Incredible Spelling errors in Spanish

I agree, I made an offer about beign a moderator for a Spanish channel/topic, because I work as Support Engineer for the Digi dealers in Chile, but the webmaster reply me it can't be at this time, so when????
http://felipousismix.wix.com/felipousismix

Open Core Mac Pro OSX Ventura | ProTools HD 2023.x | Merging HAPI ADA8 | UAD Quad PCIe | Kali IN-8 | Presonus Temblor 10 | Softube, SSL, Universal Audio, Slate Digital, McDSP, Fabfilter, Plugin Alliance among other plugins
Old 12-31-2003, 08:07 AM

Well, I just got and private email, from a "friend" laughing at me...asking where the little typos are... just to name ONE... and anybody, and I mean anybody will see it.

click on "international site", check latin america, the page will turn to a site written in spanish.
Cool...

Under the logo, top left side. You will see the pull down menus.
Productos/Socios/Noticas. This word "noticas" threw me off a little, I thought they were saying...little notes. But it is actually missing an "I" it should read NOTICIAS. To compare what they wrote, click on "noticas" and a you will clearly see that they have the correct word NOTICIAS...

One simple letter can make a world of difference. IMHO.
Old 12-31-2003, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Personally, I think is your name on top of the page, and this errors depict that you either hire incompetent people or just don't care about the way you present yourself to the Hispanic world.
(Besides many other things, but I'm being brief)

If you're going to be writing a post that's bitching about the use of proper grammar, you should make sure not to have any mistakes in your own grammar.

That quote is filled with poor grammar.

If you make your living doing this, maybe you should work on your own grammar before complaining about other people's grammar. I don't mean to be harsh, but seriously man. Don't tell your kids not to do drugs while your smoking a joint. It would be hard for them to take you seriously; don't you think?
Old 01-01-2004, 05:24 AM

Quote:
I don't mean to be harsh, but seriously man. Don't tell your kids not to do drugs while your smoking a joint. It would be hard for them to take you seriously; don't you think?
"I don't mean to be harsh", but that should be, "...while you're smoking a joint." I mean, come on! If you're going to bitch about people bitching about poor grammar...

Sorry, just picking on you a little. I think the point is that chucktoledo, a loyal Digi customer, isn't trying to sell anything in his post, he's trying to help Digi with a problem. Digi, however, is trying to sell something with their website. Spelling and grammar errors can hurt their professional reputation.

Old 01-01-2004, 07:36 AM

this thread is rediculous! who cares if there are spelling mistakes on their foreign language websites????

1) digi makes 99% of their sales in the US
2) they don't sell anything over the web - they sell through dealers.
3) the website is just for quick info and minor tech support. if you need real info call a dealer. if you need real tech support call digi tech support.

chuck, you're fighting the wrong battle. getting foreign language forums makes more sense. digi doesn't have / aren't willing to put the resources into small markets (at least i wouldn't). don't sweat the small stuff...
Old 01-01-2004, 07:58 AM

I don't mean to be even harsher but that should be whilst ...

Happy New Ears

Scardanelli
Old 01-01-2004, 12:41 PM

"If you make your living doing this, maybe you should work on your own grammar before complaining about other people's grammar." "Grammar" used twice in one sentance?

I seriously doubt if the US is 99% of Digis market but even if it is that's irrelevant. If you put up a page with your name on it it should be correct - whether English, Spanish or Swahili. If you can't even get the spelling right on a simple web page... Luckily their software never has any problems so perhaps I'm drawing the wrong conclusions here (can you say BTD? - I knew you could) Of course as a resident of California I realise it's almost impossible to find any spanish speaking people here to proof things so I guess we should cut them some slack.
Old 01-01-2004, 05:37 PM

Quote:
this thread is rediculous! who cares if there are spelling mistakes on their foreign language websites????

I think if any seriuos company sell products in foreign countries, they MUST HAVE foreign language support pages , even if they're only the 1% of total costumers, because THEY'RE COSTUMERS, it's a matter of respect .
Spanish is the 3rd most speaking language on earth (Chinese, English, Spanish, French) and almost 35% of US population speaks Spanish, if you don't know it

http://felipousismix.wix.com/felipousismix

Open Core Mac Pro OSX Ventura | ProTools HD 2023.x | Merging HAPI ADA8 | UAD Quad PCIe | Kali IN-8 | Presonus Temblor 10 | Softube, SSL, Universal Audio, Slate Digital, McDSP, Fabfilter, Plugin Alliance among other plugins
Old 01-01-2004, 06:16 PM

English Jim, i tink ewe ment sentence