Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2004, 07:35 AM

Default 002 audio routing question (mirroring to SP/DIF)

Okay, as a recent convert from the world of AMIII to the shiny new realm of 002-RACK, I have a question as to how to recreate one of my old audio routing tricks.

Previously, with my AMIII card, I could mirror the analog outputs to the SP/DIF outs and, for example, with RealPlayer as a supported application in Core Audio, send the sound from a RealPlayer file directly (and digitally) to a DAT machine as the file played. (It's a good way to record streaming audio and other stuff that can't be gleaned from a file, like one can with AIFF, WAV etc)

I'm trying to do the same with the 002, but so far no luck. The difference seems to be that, with the AMIII card, you didn't have to have Pro Tools running in order for the sound to be routed through the SP/DIF outs. But on the 002, it appears I have to have PT running in order to mirror the outs to the SP/DIF outs. But then, you can't have PT and RealPlayer running at the same time when RP is chosen as a supported app in Core Audio, which consequently defeats my attempts!

I realize I could just go analog and run the analog outs to my DAT machine. I just want to make sure there's no way to easily recreate my old scheme and keep things in the digital realm before I give in.

Any suggestions? Or have I made a totally confusing post here?

Eric
Old 04-28-2004, 07:59 AM

Default Re: 002 audio routing question (mirroring to SP/DIF)

you are right, you can't mirror SPDIF on 002 outside of Pro Tools..

if you are looking for a workaround check out Audio Hijack and WireTap.

http://emusician.com/ar/emusic_downl...h_22/index.htm

~turbo