Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2009, 06:06 AM

Default Buffer errors in 'tools 8

I have a problem where, randomly, the buffer (a buffer) starts repeating audio, a bit like an out of sync delay, this carries on when I press stop, but stops when I press play again. it will also cause corruption to an audio file if I'm recording, in the form of little "blobs" of spurious audio every 2 seconds or so throughout the audio file.
I also have osx on the same machine and get the delay thing, but don't know about the other stuff.
Also if I use plugins on aux returns, the PDC can't compensate.

Gigabyte quad 6 motherboard, quad core cpu, 2 gig ram, win xp sp3.
Old 09-10-2009, 06:09 AM

Default Re: Buffer errors in 'tools 8

I should also add that I'm using a single pci hd card, not accel.
Is it normal that the pci slot in the computer is a little shorter than that on the card?
Old 09-10-2009, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravyblue View Post
I have a problem where, randomly, the buffer (a buffer) starts repeating audio, a bit like an out of sync delay, this carries on when I press stop, but stops when I press play again. it will also cause corruption to an audio file if I'm recording, in the form of little "blobs" of spurious audio every 2 seconds or so throughout the audio file.
I also have osx on the same machine and get the delay thing, but don't know about the other stuff.
Also if I use plugins on aux returns, the PDC can't compensate.

Gigabyte quad 6 motherboard, quad core cpu, 2 gig ram, win xp sp3.
This sounds like the same thing that others are seeing in this thread :- http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread.php?t=251773

I also used to get the out of sync delay thing with it as well..

Cheers

N
Old 09-10-2009, 08:55 PM

digidesign is pretty good at blaming your computer and are your third party plugins ....they just can't get it right anymore... no matter what system you have they can find something that is your fault and say we're perfect your end has the problem . lame excuses update your video drivers uninstall your massey plugins .but at the end of the day we just want reliablity and a product that we can use day in and day out .. because this is our way of making a living................