Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10

Old 05-28-2014, 12:25 PM

Default PT 10 crashing on good sessions

Hi everyone, I recently started having a problem where certain (I think most) sessions are crashing when I transport them from my boss's system (PTHD 10 on a Mac Pro desktop) to my system (PT 10 on a macbook pro 8,1). It is a fast, hard crash when it is loading audio playlists. It doesn't seem like a plug in issue because I can't shift-open them either, and when I import all tracks into a new session everything works fine. This leads me to believe that it isn't a problem with the drive or the audio files, but I could be wrong.

Just upgraded to 10.3.9 and still having the same problem. Tried trashing prefs and repaired all disk permissions. Haven't tried opening his sessions on another PT system yet because I don't have easy to access to one immediately, so that will be my next step, but can anyone recommend anything else to try? Anyone seen this before? Thanks!
Old 05-29-2014, 04:52 PM

Lightbulb Re: PT 10 crashing on good sessions

Can you post the crash data? Specifically, we need all of the data in the crashed thread. There is a line near the top of the crash log that reads Crashed Thread: X, where X is a number. We need that thread's data. All of the other threads are, for this purpose, useless.
Old 05-29-2014, 07:42 PM

Default Re: PT 10 crashing on good sessions

Try these 2 tricks if you're desperate enough. Hold the SHIFT key while opening a session(this makes all plugins inactive in case a plugin is bad), or create a blank session and import tracks(a few at a time) and ONLY import the main playlist(in case some audio is corrupted). Granted its a "hail Mary", but you never know

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave