Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion

Old 07-06-2020, 01:52 AM

Default Can't open from cloud

I can't open my project from the cloud.

I get this error message:

"Could not complete your request because No such file or directory (2) while opening "0052.ptpx"

If I click on "Remove local cache" before trying to open it does begin to download but then stops at about 28% and I then get the following pop up:

"(PROJECT) was downloaded successfully, but some files had failures. Some files were previously not successfully uploaded"

and in the download manager:

"Failed: Complete with asset up"

I am at the end of my tether! Please help me.

I'm using version 2018.7.0 in El Capitan v 10.11.6 on a Macbook Air 13 inch early 2014.
Old 07-06-2020, 05:24 AM

Default Re: Can't open from cloud

It sounds like there were errors syncing your project to the could and unfortunately there isn't much you can do about it when that happens.

I know you are on the latest version of PTF that supports your operating system, but some of the early versions had some known issues with cloud projects and there were some fixes that went into version 2019.6 that would keep your files from being deleted locally when sync issues occurred. Although, even with these changes, you have to be very careful with cloud syncs as they can easily go wrong.

The best way to ensure your tracks have synced is to open the Pro Tools Task Manager (Window->Task Manager) before you close your project and ensure that all tasks have finished successfully before exiting PTF.

Also it would be a good idea to make a small test project just to make sure your system is working properly. I would create a new project and add a small number of both instrument and audio tracks. Record a few bars on each, then open the Pro Tools Task Manager window. Now save and close your project. You should see tasks appear in the window showing that it is uploading them to the cloud. Once there are no more tasks left, then exit PTF.

Now start PTF and see if you can open the project. Maybe even add a little to it and try the above steps again.

System Details
Old 07-06-2020, 10:19 AM

Thanks Will.

I've bought a Avid Support Code, and they're on the case as - from what I understand - they may be able to retrieve an older save from the cloud. I really hope so.

From what I'm reading, going forward the safest option for me would be to upgrade to full PT so I have the option of backing up older versions to a portable drive as it's only possible to save to the cloud with PT First.
Old 07-06-2020, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban_spaceman View Post
Thanks Will.

I've bought a Avid Support Code, and they're on the case as - from what I understand - they may be able to retrieve an older save from the cloud. I really hope so.

From what I'm reading, going forward the safest option for me would be to upgrade to full PT so I have the option of backing up older versions to a portable drive as it's only possible to save to the cloud with PT First.
Glad you are getting help from Avid support.
And yes, with your version of Mac OS, going with a full version of PT would be the safest way to go.

System Details