Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2012, 01:24 AM

Default Re: Reference monitors to be used with Eleven Rack?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Righty27 View Post
Not necessarily recommending over anything else as I've not used any other monitors with my ER + notwithstanding opinions on 'best', I suspect one get's used to whatever (decent) monitors one uses ...

I'm happy with my Digidesign RM1s - I believe they may be discontinued now but may still be able to find them ... there's a pair of the larger RM2s just come up in 'buy and sell'.

Basically Digidesign/Avid influenced PMCs ... kind of cross between the little PMCs with design features from higher up their line. They have built-in AD-DA (may put some off!) and a digital input which you could connect to the ER's AES out. Thus, your ER or PT audio avoids the ER DA stage, is transfered to the monitors in the digital domain where the DA is done as late as possible (including digital crossover).

These were pretty well reviewed at the time against many of the higher-end monitors and we are all here working with digital audio after all ... appears that the quality of DA (up to 96khz) in these is higher than what is typical in audio interfaces.
yeah well, you're not wrong. and I guess I'll be getting m-audio bx8.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olias View Post
I don't mean to hijack this thread (well, yes maybe I do!) but does anyone have a recommendation for a single active monitor with the volume control on the FRONT of the unit? I'm using a Mackie SRM350 right now, but feeling around the back of the thing to tweak the volume really bugs me.
haha, it's okay pal.
Old 04-28-2012, 05:39 AM

Quote:
I don't mean to hijack this thread (well, yes maybe I do!) but does anyone have a recommendation for a single active monitor with the volume control on the FRONT of the unit? I'm using a Mackie SRM350 right now, but feeling around the back of the thing to tweak the volume really bugs me.
I have one of these, they come up on ebay sometimes.
http://www.canford.co.uk/Products/85...eestanding-IEC

SOS recommend them.
http://edition.pagesuite-professiona...15a&skip=&p=55
Very punchy being a sealed unit with no port.... diecast housing.
Old 04-28-2012, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Not many with volume knobs on the front, but I leave my volume level set on my monitors and turn it up and down with my MBox 3.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_uk View Post
I have one of these, they come up on ebay sometimes.
http://www.canford.co.uk/Products/85...eestanding-IEC
Thanks for the link to the canford site, they appear to have several interesting options.