Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 06-14-2011, 04:58 AM

Default Mbox 2 Mini and Record Player problems

Hey there,

I am wanting to use my old turntable and use the MBox 2 Mini as an amp. I also have the phono pre-amp necessary for the RIAA equalisation and I have set it up fine before, no problems everything at good levels and running smoothly through ProTools. However I have since tried to set it up again after going away for a while, and all I am getting is a whole lot of white noise coming out of my monitors.

The way I have set it up is as follows:

Turntable Stereo RCA outputs into my Behringer PP400 phono pre-amp inputs
Stereo 1/4" leads into my Mbox 2 mini's inputs (Left in input 1, right in input 2)
Then finally 1/4" leads going to my monitors.

For the life of me I don't understand what I am doing wrong. I know my monitors are fine, as I can listen to audio from any other source and it is perfect.

I have also done it through ProTools with 2 separate mono audio tracks for the different inputs and then both going out in stereo sound. When I record arm both the tracks for some reason I get a a little level change on the 2nd track, but it is only the white noise.

Does anyone have any idea what could be going wrong? Any help would be much appreciated this is getting extremely frustrating.

Thanks
Old 06-14-2011, 10:49 AM
Avid

Default Re: Mbox 2 Mini and Record Player problems

From your description of the problem, I would suggest starting with trashing preferences and see if that helps. Info can be found in the General Troubleshooting thread.
Old 06-14-2011, 05:29 PM

Default Re: Mbox 2 Mini and Record Player problems

Hey,

thanks for the suggestion but still having the same problem. Theres sound coming from the record player itself so I mean it can't be that.

Any other ideas?