Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins

Old 12-10-2019, 11:53 AM

Default Pro Tools missing V9 plugins from Waves after updating Waves Central

I updated Waves Central and now Pro Tools won't load my V9 plugins (Native Power Pack bundle with L1, DeEsser, TrueVerb, etc).

I've emailed their support and the only thing they had me try was to make sure I have the plugins installed (which they are. They show up in Waves Central) and then run the Version Organizer, which I did to no avail.

This is extremely frustrating because I emailed them 3 days ago and they just got back to me with an email. I'm behind with clients right now because I can't find a solution and Waves is taking their time.

I tried deleting my Waves Prefs, dragging InstalledAAXPlugins to desktop and then loading a new session and it didn't work. Can anyone here help me?

MacOS 10.13.6
Scarlett Solo
Pro Tools
Old 12-10-2019, 01:38 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools missing V9 plugins from Waves after updating Waves Central

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamg View Post
I updated Waves Central and now Pro Tools won't load my V9 plugins (Native Power Pack bundle with L1, DeEsser, TrueVerb, etc).

I've emailed their support and the only thing they had me try was to make sure I have the plugins installed (which they are. They show up in Waves Central) and then run the Version Organizer, which I did to no avail.

This is extremely frustrating because I emailed them 3 days ago and they just got back to me with an email. I'm behind with clients right now because I can't find a solution and Waves is taking their time.

I tried deleting my Waves Prefs, dragging InstalledAAXPlugins to desktop and then loading a new session and it didn't work. Can anyone here help me?

MacOS 10.13.6
Scarlett Solo
Pro Tools
You might want to delete everything Waves and then reinstall everything. Don't forget to empty your Trash. You're going to need the offline installer for your W9 plugins - the job can't be done from within the latest WC.

This is why you should have a working clone of your system. Carbon Copy Cloner is cheap and so is an external drive to clone to.

QAPLA!
Old 12-10-2019, 06:26 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools missing V9 plugins from Waves after updating Waves Central

How exactly do I keep a working clone of my system on an external hard drive?

Also, I used Waves Central to uninstall everything and then reinstall it to no avail. Should I try and do it manually? How would I do that?
Old 12-11-2019, 03:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamg View Post
How exactly do I keep a working clone of my system on an external hard drive?

Also, I used Waves Central to uninstall everything and then reinstall it to no avail. Should I try and do it manually? How would I do that?
I already mentioned how to keep a working clone on an external drive - you use Carbon Copy Cloner to do the job. Much better than using Time Machine. And don't leave the external drive powered on unless you're actually making the clone. CCC can be set to do timed backups if you want that. Set up a regular time to do the backup. I do mine at least once a week on a Friday or Saturday.

I also mentioned to remove EVERYTHING Waves-related and then reinstall with the offline installer from Waves as current Waves Central versions won't install W9 plugins.

QAPLA!
Old 12-14-2019, 05:54 AM

When you updated Central, you didn’t perchance update the plugins as well?? It’s possible that your V9 may have been replaced by V11 plugins, which will only work if you have a valid license.

You can easily verify this by having a poke around in your AAX folder and see if there are V9 Wavesshells in there, or V11. If this is the case, though, don’t panic, it’s a relatively easy fix. You can find an offline installer for V9 installer in Central itself.