Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video

Old 04-17-2012, 11:57 AM

Default Having issues with Satellite Link

Greetings. I'm currently having an issue with the latest version of PT10 and Satellite link. I've got two satellites, one HD Native system with Satellite Link, and another dedicated video machine running Video Satellite LE. When controlling it from my main HD3 system, all works well, but if I try to play it from my HDNative system, I get an error message about too much bandwidth or something. If I disconnect my main HD3 system and just run with the video, it works well too. Just the combination of trying to play back all 3 systems from the HDNative rig. Used to work fine pre-PT10, now it's all just crummy. :)

Any pointers on how to get this to work as it used to?

Thanks in advance.
IMDB
Old 04-17-2012, 07:46 PM

Default Re: Having issues with Satellite Link

Bit more info?
System versions, whats your clock source in your room, dedicated switch for the satellite/ICON component? etc
Old 04-18-2012, 11:16 AM

Default Re: Having issues with Satellite Link

Hi Brent.

Thank you for the response.

I think I may know the issue. I have my main system synced to my video system via a tri-sync generator into a SYNC-HD box, but I don't have a SYNC box on my Native system. I've just been flying SYNC-less and it's usually worked, but not since upgrading to PT10. Do you know if you need SYNC-HD boxes on both systems to get this to work properly? I didn't realize that Satellite control was related to sync methodology.
IMDB