Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)

Old 03-21-2012, 06:21 PM

Default Re: HD Native -9219 Errors

Might be worth borrowing an HDX card if you can to try in your Mac just to make sure it will work satisfactorily. Worst case scenario is to buy the HDX card and then figure out you need a newer Mac Pro for it to work properly.

Greg
Intel i7 3930K, Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 (rev 1.0), 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 ram, EVGA Nvidea GT 720 TI video card, a Samsung 850 Pro (256 GB) OS drive, 2 Samsung 850 Pro's (512 GB) in externally mounted drive bays for session and sample storage, Win 10 Pro, PT Ultimate (Native)2019.10, HD Omni, HD I/O 16x16 .
Old 08-24-2012, 09:44 PM

I'm getting this exact same message. Error # is 9094.

I just became a ProTools user last week. Had Logic for many years without any problems. Now...I spend all this money and I get problems. So far I am not impressed.

I am running PT 10 HDX on a MacPro with 10.7.4 and a 2x2.93 GHz Quad-core Intel Xenon with 32GB Ram and using the AVID I/O device.

I'm beginning to think this was a mistake.
Old 11-03-2012, 02:13 PM

I got rid of this error by booting in safe mode (hold down the shift key when booting). Then reboot normally.

See this thread: http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=326223
Old 11-13-2012, 04:40 AM

I got the same error esterday. I've been using Logic for several years without ANY ERRORS. I tried HDN under Logic and now may say, there is only one advantage of using HD Native. It plays external midi tracks much more precisely. I use a lot of midi gear and have to use Digidesign USD as a source of MTC for Logic.
Old 12-16-2012, 05:01 PM

I am convinced its a Native Card design issue or Firmware.

I have purchased a NEW everything from the latest Mac to HD NAtive and new i/o, etc. Only to run protools. 100% Avid compatible and I still have these issues.

I have tried every fix under the sun from the new pt10 update to ever little setting and change and it always errors even on 1 track with no cpu load. Buffer setting does nothing and there is no plugins.

Threads have stated when users swapped the native card for hd1 or so ALL errors went away.
Old 12-18-2012, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomhartman View Post
Welcome to native, whether it's Pro Tools, Logic, or Dave's Great Sequencer App.

Save for HDX.

Assured performance (unless you are talking about VI's).

TH

I have seen a ton of people on HDX with the same issues. I belive it related to the card since HDX uses the exact same FPGA chip as Native just has the DSP additional chips.
Old 12-22-2012, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsSlate View Post
Threads have stated when users swapped the native card for hd1 or so ALL errors went away.
I have posted in other threads about this. I really think it's a Core Audio issue on the Mac. The reason the errors go away with HD Core cards is bacause they're not using Apple Core Audio. Everything else does...
Old 12-22-2012, 11:43 AM

Did anyone try to disable c-states and p-states. These problems are very similar to the ones I was having until I did this. I can push my rig right up to the limit. Also it makes sense if the OS is trying to park cores while you are trying to work.

Add this:

<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>No</string>

to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist

BTW library is hidden now, hold option while clicking go to see it there.
Old 12-23-2012, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC View Post
Did anyone try to disable c-states and p-states. These problems are very similar to the ones I was having until I did this. I can push my rig right up to the limit. Also it makes sense if the OS is trying to park cores while you are trying to work.

Add this:

<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>No</string>

to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist

BTW library is hidden now, hold option while clicking go to see it there.
I just tried it, rebooted and same errors. Actually got the error within 10 seconds of playback.

I do not think its a p/c state issue as the cpus do not idle down that quick. Also when set to a few cpu cores in PT10 still errs.

Def random on the errors.