Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Old 02-16-2019, 11:48 AM

Default custom actions

Hi there, I think about buying an ipad to extend by oid command 8 capabilities. Is it possible to create a layer of custom actions so I could have several buttons on a screen with my own shortcuts? I mean something like they do on this video with dock:

https://www.pro-tools-expert.com/hom...inger-workflow

And the most important: I know that the meters will disappear from c8 but will anything else actually change? Are they fully compatible with each other?
Old 02-17-2019, 06:34 AM

Default Re: custom actions

You couldn't get the command 8 to trigger Eucon shortcuts from its surface like you can with the Dock, but you can use the Ipad to trigger hundreds of them and program your own and macros too.
PT Control on the ipad has been the single most important new feature for me in the last few years. Its incredibly useful and improving all the time.
The compatibility doc says it will run with command 8, I'm not sure whether you'll lose the metering, but everything else will still work as midi based interfaces and Eucon can co-exist happily in Pro Tools.
I'd say definitely go for it.
Make sure you check the Eucon compatibility docs for your Ipad and PT versions.