Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 11-05-2010, 08:17 PM

Default PT 9 cost

Hi

First up let me say that I think some of the new features are good in PT HD 9, I've been one of those whinging about playlist shortcuts since there were, er, playlists.

I am however struck by one thing, and apologies if this has been mentioned, but I notice how there are a huge number more upgrades in this new software for LE users and relatively few for the HD user.

I have no problem at all paying for updates, but it seems strange to me that the users that are getting less of an upgrade are having to pay more. I would imagine it should be less, or at worst the same.

Seems strange to me,

David
Old 11-05-2010, 08:37 PM

Default Re: PT 9 cost

Not to mention the fact that when I originally paid for my PTHD system it cost a heck of a lot more then PTLE. This should have been better thought out and the HD users should not have to pay a $100 more than the LE user. . . . if anything it should have been $100.00 less. . . . . for what features you get HD vs LE
Joe
Old 11-05-2010, 08:39 PM

Default Re: PT 9 cost

i hear ya man ... there is another thread .... "Even Dirk Turpin wore a mask when he robbed people" where users are feeling the pinch - i have just finished mailing admin support (and advise all whom feel the same to do this too) ... about how dishonourable avid are to old timers / long term users - i paid well over 600AUD for digitranslator2 and Mp3 option - and the MP3 option had / has still a bug still not addressed in 8.1cs1

"Bouncing to MP3 while using the "Highest Quality Encoding, Slower Encoding Time" setting with any bit rate other than 320kbps will result in a 44.1kHz file. This is a known limitation of the encoder since 7.x "

so i feel avid need a better way of honouring customers that invest in them esp. HD crew ... because this upgrade and it's fee ... SUKS!