Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video

Old 08-25-2010, 10:12 PM

Default AAF from Nuendo 4 to PT8.0.4 Errors

I'm getting an assertion error:

Assertion"/Volumes/Development/vb_devbranch_boondock/AlturaPorts/NewFileLibs?FileFormat?MacBuild/../../FF/AudioProcessing/FF_AudioProcessRequantise.cpp, line 155 (PRISMA_AFF.aaf)

when trying to open and AAF from Nuendo 4 in to PT8.04

this coming over from another studio (Nuendo4) to my studio PTHD8.04

has anyone had any similar issues trying to open an AAF from Nuendo?

any work around or thoughts
Old 08-25-2010, 11:08 PM

Default Re: AAF from Nuendo 4 to PT8.0.4 Errors

transfer between Nuendo and PT is always buggy......
On the PT - side u cant do anything.
Ask for an OMF2 File (embedded audio , AIFF ) from Nuendo in the hope it works better. The other "solution" would be to render each track as
audio file and import theese Files in PT , but you loose all
edits.

regards
Old 08-26-2010, 03:39 PM

no way is that as good as it gets ... damn ...
Old 08-26-2010, 04:58 PM

Can you get your hands on a copy of pro convert to try out? That might help.

http://www.solid-state-logic.com/pos...vert/index.asp

good luck
Old 08-26-2010, 06:00 PM

thanks for the link man .... i can't get my hands on it and i WONT pay around AU$800 ...

i thought i bought digitranslator instead for what is to be used as DAW file interchange .... obviously this sukker and the rest of us who threw our money away got RIPPED OFF!

i thought OMF was an acronym for Open Media Frame work and AAF = Advanced Authoring Format .... i guess only when you create them from with in PT and take to another PT suite or DAW .... BUT receiving from another DAW platform ... therefore = a Closed Media Frame Work and Retarded Authoring Format as far as i'm concerned and avids efforts

i've been an avid user for more than 11yrs and this sort of ball dropping is extremely frustrating ... they needs to play ball with everyone ... not themselves and a select few others

very boring

sincerely pissed
Old 08-26-2010, 06:01 PM

by the way brandox ... the above is not a dig at you .... it's a dig at a company i have invested a great deal of $$ into that drop the ball on detail where others dont
Old 08-26-2010, 06:17 PM

How do you know it's digi's fault? Anyhow - have you requested an OMF as a workaround?

I've sometimes had to request an OMF instead of an AAF (and vice versa) from Avids, as one will work fine in one project and not work at all in another. They're not exactly bulletproof these OMF/AAF transfers.

If you do this type of workflow often, $800 AU isn't much for SSL ProConvert and all the conversion work that does. I paid a whole lot more for an application that ONLY does XML workflows with FCP.

And that's just it - it's a workflow, you have to test these things.... They don't always work, for whatever reason there is with the project/application(s).

Another long shot - you could try taking your iLok dongle of digitranslator to a studio running an older version of Pro Tools and see what happens... version7 for example. But I don't think much has changed with OMF/AAF conversion over the many years.
Old 08-26-2010, 07:17 PM

well digi are pretty staunch in not letting other developers / competitors in ... how about the lovely mp3 effort ... you can NOT export high quality 48khz ... a know issue for years ... still no fix ... i have to use 'switch or itunes' ... free apps ... it's a joke they take your coin n do this ya

go down the street n buy a loaf of bread n walk out the store with only the wrapper ... i bet you'd be joyed

software devlopers have licence to do this n i'm %^@#ing sick of it

in answer to your question - well i don't often get work from from nuendo DAW - i do take it into a nuendo suite - and i do often get omf / aff from pic editors

i know that a nuendo DAW can put out an omf / aff to any other DAW no stress ... all except PT

yes man i have tried both AAF and OMF2 embedded files and referenced file ... all failed miserably ... i have wasted a day on farting around ... who's compensating that ... ? not digi

maybe you could help me get a refund on digitranslator so i can get a version of proconvert

have you been able to use proconvert from nuendo n PT?
Old 08-26-2010, 08:33 PM

I would use OMF2 comming from neuendo for importing into Pro tools. I have done this a few times at my work.

Also this program could fix it I bet. I use this all the time with problematic OMF/AAF files.

http://www.avtransfer.net/

kd
Old 08-26-2010, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kd_special View Post
I would use OMF2 comming from neuendo for importing into Pro tools. I have done this a few times at my work.

Also this program could fix it I bet. I use this all the time with problematic OMF/AAF files.

http://www.avtransfer.net/

kd
I think that is what SSL bought and changed into pro convert