How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2012, 10:27 AM

Default Mixer style audio interface

Hi,

Is ther a 16 or 24 channel mixer style audio interface that will work with PT 10. I am currently using (2) Profire 2626's via firewire. I like the units but prefer faders on a desktop rather than knobs in a rack. Just a personal choice.

Thanks!!
Old 09-19-2012, 11:28 AM

Default Re: Mixer style audio interface

How about the Presonus 24-4-2? Or one of the Allen&Heath consoles?

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 09-19-2012, 11:52 AM

Presonus has no moving faders and you cannot "MIX" and automate using that interface....

Maybe this would work...

Sorry... this is not an interface just controller but can be used with your interfaces so you can "MIX" out of the box...
http://www.fullcompass.com/product/3...FclM4Aode2UAPA
Old 09-19-2012, 01:35 PM

I got side tracked... I would recommend to use the new Avid controllers with your current input interfacing..

http://www.avid.com/US/products/Artist-Mix
Old 09-20-2012, 11:27 AM

Thanks for the replies.

jasonthurley--This appears to be more for mixing than Input. I am looking for input controls with faders to replace my profire 2626's. I am fine with working in PT woth the mixing. Am I wrong in this assesment of this product.

albee1952-I know you can get those with a firewire connection. Would I plug the firewire directly into the computer for PT to recognize them or do I need another interface in between?
Old 09-20-2012, 11:54 AM

Hey,

The Presonus board plugs directly via firewire into your computer.. The Mackie control surface is a USB connection directly, the Avid control surfaces work over Ethernet port right to your computer... to get a console that will be both an interface (Mic pre's directly into Pro Tools) and a control surface (Control the mix/automation/transport controls/etc) will cost a lot of money.

You have some older options that are affordable like the Tascam Firewire Interface.... http://www.birdlandmusic.net/item-FW...ce?src=froogle

M-Audio.... http://www.guitarcenter.com/M-Audio-...&cagpspn=pla&=

To get more than 8 mic pre's you have to pay a lot more... or get a 2ndary pre to run into an interface that can take in more inputs either via analog ins or Optical cable
Old 09-20-2012, 04:02 PM

i was gonna recommend the ARTIX MIX as well..

i do things seperately.. pre-amps and interfaces take care of the front end for pro tools hd... i mix in the box... ARTIST MIX is about the best and most affordable option for this... each has 8 faders... fully automated and motorized, complete control of your pro tools environment via ethernet port using EUCON protocol..

you will have a total pain trying to sync anything else with pro tools, HUI is the worse for this and most units emulate a mackie mixer... never could work with the damn thing...

its all about work-flow for me...

Old 09-20-2012, 09:11 PM

I got a Allen & Heath Zed R16, works like a charm with PT9
Mac OS X 10.9

"We might be morons but we're a bunch"
Old 09-22-2012, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilkers View Post
Hi,

Is ther a 16 or 24 channel mixer style audio interface that will work with PT 10. I am currently using (2) Profire 2626's via firewire. I like the units but prefer faders on a desktop rather than knobs in a rack. Just a personal choice.

Thanks!!
I don't think there are actually 16 or 24ch mixer interfaces like the Maudio or digi controller. Most are just mixers maybe digital outs but not ins .
That M Audio surface looks neat but its only 8 fader channels with i/o but its a control surface interface . I don't think it is possible to daisy chain them for future expandability but 8 will suffice until you have a dedicated interface and controle surface. I myself would go with a dedicated interface then add a control surface later . That way you can really get what is best for your needs and not compromise to much on everything all at once .