How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2011, 07:23 AM

Default Hardware Problem..

Hello,

I'm a new user of Protools 9, and have purchassed a ULN 8 to work with it. But I'm having problems assigning the ULN8 as the Hardware interface.

I was connected FW800 to a G-RAID Mini and then FW800-400 into the ULN8. When I went to select hardware I was only given the option to select an "Aggregate device". If I tried to setup this device the the ULN8 would show in the list but was not selectable as a standalone device. If I tried to slecet the ULN8 as the current playback engine, ProTools would try to relaod the session but "Quit unexpectedly" (when is a crash not a crash?).

I've just tried connecting straight into the back of the ULN8, and it showed up, but I can't select any other Interfaces with it (I also have an Apogee 1). Thinking I was getting somewhere, I tried restarting, but the session won't reload. ProTools just cras... sorry quit unexpectedly again.

No-one else I can find on the internet has troubles with ProTools and Metric Halo boxes. I'm feeling all alone!!

If anyone has anything they can suggest I'd be grateful!

Many thanks
Old 04-24-2011, 10:24 AM

Default Re: Hardware Problem..

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackRussell View Post
Hello,

I'm a new user of Protools 9, and have purchassed a ULN 8 to work with it. But I'm having problems assigning the ULN8 as the Hardware interface.

I was connected FW800 to a G-RAID Mini and then FW800-400 into the ULN8. When I went to select hardware I was only given the option to select an "Aggregate device". If I tried to setup this device the the ULN8 would show in the list but was not selectable as a standalone device. If I tried to slecet the ULN8 as the current playback engine, ProTools would try to relaod the session but "Quit unexpectedly" (when is a crash not a crash?).

I've just tried connecting straight into the back of the ULN8, and it showed up, but I can't select any other Interfaces with it (I also have an Apogee 1). Thinking I was getting somewhere, I tried restarting, but the session won't reload. ProTools just cras... sorry quit unexpectedly again.

No-one else I can find on the internet has troubles with ProTools and Metric Halo boxes. I'm feeling all alone!!

If anyone has anything they can suggest I'd be grateful!

Many thanks
Introducing 2d — v.5 Tutorial Movies
Hi Jack, maybe this should help.

Old 04-25-2011, 01:42 AM

Angry Re: Hardware Problem.. PLEASE HELP!!

Hello,

Thanks for the videos. Nothing seems to deal with setting the hardware up in the first place. It's just assumed that it will work. And indeed it seems to for everyone else with a MH box.

I've just reverted to 10.6.6 and the problem hasn't gone away. Tried holding down 'N' on bootup. Protools gets as far as "Loading Transport Controls" and then gives up.

Very frustrated!!

Grrrrr
Old 04-25-2011, 02:46 AM

Default Re: Hardware Problem..

did you install the hd drivers after you installed or updated pro tools because it's not installed with pro tools
it's a secondary install not included on the disk, it is on the options install disk or as a separate download

IMPORTANT: Driver Updates REQUIRED for Pro Tools 9 Installation (PDF)
However, if you are updating to Pro Tools 9.0.1 or 9.0.2, Avid recommends installing the latest device drivers afterinstalling Pro Tools 9.0.1 or 9.0.2.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
http://www.studio-techservices.com

าำ
[email protected]m
Mitch Berger Tech Services

We service ALL Avid products no Problem
HD192, 192, Omni, Control Surface, Pre, XMON, 192HD AD & DA / Accel Cards, Everything

ALL NEW HD192 AD -DA modification. the difference is incredible... no need to ship the entire unit , fast turn around

inquiry using link above
Repairs of SSL-Neve- Consoles and Repair ALL Modern & Vintage Gear