Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > FireWire & USB Audio Interfaces (Win)

Old 10-15-2018, 10:37 PM

Default Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL MAudioFastTrackUltra.sys

Hi, hope you're all well.

I've been getting this error for a while and have been ignoring it but now it's happening all the time so I need a fix.

Every time I use my audio interface I get a blue screen with this error: driver_irql_not_less_or_equal maudiofasttrackultra.sys

I've been using on-board soundcard but I need to do some recordings and the blue screen is spoiling the sessions and messing up with our workflow. I tried all solutions I could find online but none are working.

Here are some of the things I've tried:

- Disabling the on-board soundcard
- Repair Registry Entries
- Update PC Device Drivers
- Run Windows System File Checker ("sfc /scannow")
- Install All Available Windows Updates
- Memory Diagnose

None of these solutions are working for me. Please help guy/girls I'm using windows 8.1 x64
Old 10-19-2018, 09:27 AM

Default Re: Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL MAudioFastTrackUltra.sys

No genius here, but I would try the following:
1-enable the on-board sound card(it does not need to be disabled)
2-Go to Windows Sound Properties and select the on-board sound card to be Windows' Default Playback device(this is common for Windows systems so that Windows does not "take over" your recording interface).
3-You may have an IRQ conflict, so try connecting the FastTrack to a different USB port(not the one that is directly beside the one you are now using). Note that this will likely prompt a popup while Windows installs the driver(this happens when you move hardware from one USB port to another USB port)
4-if none of that helps, maybe try installing ASIO4ALL and use that driver instead of the M-Audio driver. If this DOES NOT help, do uninstall ASIO4ALL as it can create as many problems as it solves

If none of the above helps, read the thread up top named Help Us Help You and post a Sandra report so the smarter folks here can review, looking for a hardware issue

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 10-19-2018, 10:39 AM

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the suggestions. I did try using ASIO Drivers and it didn't solve the problem.

I tried solution 2 from your post and so far my PC hasn't crashed but now when I'm not using my DAW I have to unplug my speakers from the interface and connect them to the on-board soundcard. When I want to use the DAW I have to unplug from on-board soundcard to the interface, this is painful.

I also switched the USB port and we'll see if this does help or not but so far so good.
Old 10-19-2018, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nytshade View Post
Hi Dave,

Thanks for the suggestions. I did try using ASIO Drivers and it didn't solve the problem.

I tried solution 2 from your post and so far my PC hasn't crashed but now when I'm not using my DAW I have to unplug my speakers from the interface and connect them to the on-board soundcard. When I want to use the DAW I have to unplug from on-board soundcard to the interface, this is painful.

I also switched the USB port and we'll see if this does help or not but so far so good.
If things are working okay now, the speaker solution is simple, depending on how much money you don't mind spending. Here are some options:
1-cheapest; get a small mixer like the Behringer Xenyx 502. Connect the interface outputs to one stereo input of the mixer, computer sound card to the other stereo input, balance to taste(about $60, new)
2-better but more money; get a monitor/source selector like the Presonus Central Station. Not only can you select between your interface and the computer sound card, you could also connect a cable to connect iPhone/iPad for quick listening(this seems to happen plenty in my studio), and switch between different speakers(its good to have different speakers to check mixes on.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 10-19-2018, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
If things are working okay now, the speaker solution is simple, depending on how much money you don't mind spending. Here are some options:
1-cheapest; get a small mixer like the Behringer Xenyx 502. Connect the interface outputs to one stereo input of the mixer, computer sound card to the other stereo input, balance to taste(about $60, new)
2-better but more money; get a monitor/source selector like the Presonus Central Station. Not only can you select between your interface and the computer sound card, you could also connect a cable to connect iPhone/iPad for quick listening(this seems to happen plenty in my studio), and switch between different speakers(its good to have different speakers to check mixes on.
I really appreciate your help Dave. I'll definitely get a speaker control system because it's a long term investment.

I'm also more focused on mixing so it's definitely a must for my rig.

Thank you, stay blessed.