Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > ProControl, Control|24, Command|8

Old 10-27-2005, 01:27 PM

Default Command 8 (Offline) Huge Problem!!Help!

Hi there.

I just received the Command 8 I ordered, and started setting it up.
When I finished, I also installed the latest drivers, the PACE files etc.

There was a constant message on the LCD screen 'Command8 (Offline).

No matter what, I couldn't use it. I tried uninstalling and installing again PT and the drivers but nothing.

I followed the troubleshooting steps(Setup>Peripherals>MIDI Controllers> etc) where I activated and deactivated it continuously but with no results whatsoever. It is important to note here that

a) When the MIDI controllers section of the Peripherals showed Command 8 on the list, on the Sent to and Receive boxes there was either
1)No selections at all
or
2)Command 8(emulation mode) selection

When I chose to use the Command 8(emulation mode) the faders were working with PT, HOWEVER, no fader movement when reading automation, no indications on the LCD, nothing lit on the surface and a very annoying message every 3 seconds 'Pro Tools cannot Communicate with Command 8. Power-cycle Command 8 and check connections....update Peripherals dialog to avoid further warnings'.

The connections seem absolutely perfect, I also tried another USB cable but no results, and I uninstalled and installed sofware+drivers a million times. please help.

Many thanks in advance!!!

P.S

Digi, you are the best company!!! I expected to find a copy of PT 6.4 inside the box(I already used 6.4 and had not upgraded to 6.7) and when I found copies of 6.7 I was ecstatic!!!Many thanks!!! I love you guys, keep up the great job!!

Now I will have to wait to upgrade to PT 7.
Old 10-28-2005, 08:32 AM

Default Re: Command 8 (Offline) Huge Problem!!Help!

I tried to check the other replies on the offline problem but still no results.

In fact I have followed every single step from the PT Guide, Command 8 Guide and the answers to previous problems.

This Command 8 is for a small PT LE 6.7 system on a Windows XP SP 2 Laptop.
Old 11-24-2005, 02:29 AM

Default Re: Command 8 (Offline) Huge Problem!!Help!

I have exactly the same problem here. My Command|8 stay's offline no matter what. I wonder if a solution has been found?

---
so eventually we found out the Command|8 doesn't communicate with an MBoxII. Let's hope Digidesign produces a fix soon.