Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2012, 12:18 AM

Default ADAT not being received in PTLE8 (OctoPre MKII)

Hello!

I\'m hoping you someone can help me. I have a Digi 003 console that I use to interface with PTLE 8.0.5 I believe the version is.

Looking to utilize the OctoPre as an additional 8 tracks received into the Digi 003 and finally find their way in ProTools.

Currently I have one optical cable connected from one of (have tried both) the \"Out\" channels on the OctoPre into the Optical in for the Digi 003.

I\'m fairly certain I have all the settings right in Protools.

Do I need both input/output for the OctoPre even if I\'m just trying to receive signal?

Do I need to hook up the word clock from the Digi 003 to the OctoPre?

The ADAT signal should be going through the firewire signal from my digi 003 to my computer, yes?

Do I need to do something specific on my Digi 003?

Help.

If you could explain why I\'m not getting signal in ProTools it would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:22 AM

Default Re: ADAT not being received in PTLE8 (OctoPre MKII)

If you only have an ADAT cable from the OctoPre to the 003r then you need to make sure you've set the OctoPre as the master clock. If the 003r is the master clock then you need to have an ADAT cable from the "out" on the 003r to the "in" on the OctoPre as well as an ADAT cable from the "out" on the OctoPre to the "in" on the 003r.

The ADAT signal does not travel through firewire.

I don't have any direct experience with this particular setup so I'm not sure if there's something else you have to do to enable ADAT on either interface.

here's another thread where someone's having a similar problem

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/low-e...ols-clock.html
Old 05-03-2012, 09:36 AM

Default Re: ADAT not being received in PTLE8 (OctoPre MKII)

The setup should be this simple. Connect lightpipe from the OctoPre output to the 003 input. Set the Octopre to the same sample rate as your session(this is a must). Open Pro Tools and go to Setup>Hardware and select ADAT as the clock source(another must). Then, go to Setup>IO and click on the input tab. If you see all 16 inputs dotted on the grid, you're all set. If not, you can hit the DEFAULT button, or add paths manually(my preference). Unless you need a bunch of stereo input pairs, I would add 8 mono paths, click the dots for 9 thru 16 on the grid, and then name the inputs. You could call them Octo-1, Octo-2, etc. Or if you always have the same stuff plugged in(like a drum set) then you could name them for the drums(Kick, Snare, Hat, etc.).

If you miss the "must" details, 2 things can happen. 1-you will get clicks and pops from the Octopre channels(bad clocking), or you won't hear any audio at all from those channels(mis-matched sample rates)

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave