How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2014, 02:50 PM

Default "Bootable partition in table" message when bootup hangs on Profile

System worked for over a week.
Today upon connecting to a different surface, at a festival, the boot process couldn't get past the blue digidesign screen.

After the show (I used the locally provided Local Rack as well as the above mentioned surface), I tried again with my Waves license USB NOT in the hole by the power switch on the local rack, and it booted up. And stayed on when I put the USB in for the Waves licenses.

I've started Venue Local Racks with this USB drive in various holes over a hundred times...

I've scanned the USB for a virus, Norton not finding any.

System: Avid Profile, 5 dsp cards. Ilok in one USB hole. Waves USB in another. Sorry, I don't know the versions or firmware, but I presume it is up to date is it is a major vendor. Europe power.

Also I noticed the UPS was cycling occasionally, though the video screen never looked funky or any other symptoms of shoddy power.

Any ideas on what happened? If it is likely to work tomorrow? Things I should try? ... etc.

Thanks in advance,
Denny
Old 08-22-2014, 03:41 PM

Default Re: "Bootable partition in table" message when bootup hangs on Profile

So was the problem while using a festival surface and your touring local rack? Or...
Old 08-23-2014, 04:51 AM
Avid

Default Re: "Bootable partition in table" message when bootup hangs on Profile

Looks like your system is trying to boot from USB. Didn't ever saw that.
Maybe BIOS battery is low... But if so, you'll rather see checksum errors.