Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2019

Old 08-03-2020, 05:08 PM

Default Re: Did the smart tool change after 12?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
What specific version of 12? Sounds like it might be the Real Time Fade Manipulation changes listed in the 12.6 release notes?
Version 12.6 is what i was using, but i have 2 other work machines that were on 12.7 and 12.7.1. All perform the same under 12. The real time fade manipulation i dont think is related. If i hover the smart tool in 19.6 up or down from what is pictured it eventually turns into a trim tool like before.. its just that when its centered on the ends of the region its a fade tool now.
Old 08-03-2020, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLaudio View Post
Version 12.6 is what i was using, but i have 2 other work machines that were on 12.7 and 12.7.1. All perform the same under 12. <snip> when its centered on the ends of the region its a fade tool now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLaudio View Post
<snip> You either have to be at the top or bottom corner of the region, otherwise in the center it defaults to the fade tool. <snip>
The 12.6 release notes seem to be describing the same you are...

"When using the Smart Tool, hovering the mouse over the center third of a fade of any kind will show the Fade icon."

Running 2020.5 on Catalina here and that's what I'm seeing - the Smart Tool turns to a Fade tool in the middle (centered around 0) and a Trim tool above or below that. I'll try and fire up the older versions to double check where this changed.
Old 08-03-2020, 05:57 PM

Uh blast, I think it's working for me now. Not sure what I was doing wrong (I was not getting the expected smart tool behavior at any place vertically along the clip boundaries, except very intermittently). I did trash prefs but not sure that was the time it started working. Sorry not to add any value here. MLaudio if it's something else can you post a video online of the problem you are seeing.
Old 08-03-2020, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
The 12.6 release notes seem to be describing the same you are...

"When using the Smart Tool, hovering the mouse over the center third of a fade of any kind will show the Fade icon."

Running 2020.5 on Catalina here and that's what I'm seeing - the Smart Tool turns to a Fade tool in the middle (centered around 0) and a Trim tool above or below that. I'll try and fire up the older versions to double check where this changed.
Interesting.. so what that describes is that it was performing "wrong" under 12.6, 12.7 and 12.7.1. Im just so use to that, that this new behavior is messing me up haha. Let me know what you find, i appreciate it!