How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2019

Old 08-07-2019, 06:38 AM

Default Re: Plugins still resetting to their default parameters

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrekcor View Post
btw, I think you will find 2019.6 on mOS 10.14.5 is approved. your running the same as me.... except you have an i9 and Ultimate.
Oh that’s great to know! I should have checked the compatibility list before responding here. Just so used to them not staying up to date I guess! Haha
Old 08-07-2019, 06:39 AM

Also, I opened a ticket and have submitted the videos. Hopefully will have a fix for this. Thank you for your help!
Old 03-13-2020, 04:14 PM

Was there any resolution to this? I'm running 2019.12 on two very different systems :

2012 Mac Mini Server, Quad 2.2ghz i7 / 16GB RAM / 10.14.6

2019.12 Ultimate
2018 Mac Mini Six core i7 / 16GB RAM / 10.14.6 / HDX / Focusrite Red16 Line converters

I've spotted this behaviour with these plugins, and maybe more :

Maxim
SPL Iron
BX_2098 EQ

Behaviour persists whether the option to automatically enable all plugin parameters for automation is on or off.
Old 06-09-2020, 01:08 AM

Hi!
I have the exact same issue. Did any of you solve this or get any other info from avid support?
/
Emil
Old 09-05-2020, 10:59 PM

Bumping this as the issue still seems to be relevant even in 2020.9.
Old 09-05-2020, 11:59 PM

I have seen that sometimes the preset list shows factory default, but in reality the plugin settings are coming from session file. Annoying yes, but does not affect the sound. Is that the case here? It is easy to check by actually selecting the factory default from plugins list and see if the settings change or not.
Old 09-06-2020, 09:54 AM

So I just tested this out this morning and now I can't recreate the problem I was having last night. I did go into the plugin settings menu and click "Root Settings Folder" (even though this was already checked off) but now the plugins seem to be working correctly.
I used to think it occurred in CPU intensive sessions or even had something to do with Eucon, but last night I had cleared out the session and didn't have Eucon running and it still was happening.
I'll keep trying to recreate the issue and follow up here if I find it again.
Old 02-22-2021, 07:05 AM

We still have that problem here too - and it sucks, really.

It was also the case with MDW EQ. I know George personally, but they could not fix.

The problem is, that for some Plugins, if the "Auto Enable Parameters by default" is active (which is important for many mixers) then the plugin seems to forget its settings, because it might think that there is anyway automation, and then it "reads" the automation, but there is none and that's what we get - all parameters back to zero. It is more than annoying and what is a shame, that neither the Plug-in manufactors not Avid cares about such a major problem. To me that one is not a but, it is a fraud - seriously.

Daniel
Old 02-22-2021, 07:09 AM

Do you have Avid Bug Number for this? We may be able to escalate
Old 02-24-2021, 10:50 AM

I don't remember, we discussed this with the Swiss Distributor and they got to avid etc. but never actually a real fix.

Now just by today I found something out that could help AVID and the critical Plugin Manufactors to fix it (although I doubt that anyone is interessted to fix this).

I opened my session on another computer, that had the same plug-ins installed as the computer I mixed it. Now - oh miracle - all settings were back!!!

That would now provide some serious information: The Plugin Parameters set in Plugins with Parameters set to Automation-ready (but without any automation on it) are actually NOT LOST! They are still saved in the session but for whatever reason in some circumstances they are not loaded.

Maybe the Plugin things that, because the parameter is ready for automation, that there is automation and ready 0 - I don't know.

Also, since it the Parameters are back on another computer the problem might have to do something with a cash. But if that is the case, it is strange, as when we had that problem 2 years ago, we really always deleted every potential cash that could be deleted.

Anyway, Mistakes like those - that are far away from being bugs, is something that really only happens in the Audio-Industry. It actually brings me to the idea to change my job. Why not be a gardener? Would a Spade ever not go into the earth if I drift it in the earth?
D.