Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-1999, 03:07 PM

Default Control PT machine from another room?

Has anyone ever tried having their Mac ProTools system in one room, then controling it from another room with a Powerbook (or other Mac) over a network? Ethernt? LocalTalk?

Or to get control form another room, would I need to run long extensions for the monitor and computer keyboard/mouse?

If I had an engineer, I would have him sit in one room and run the transport controls, while I'm in the other room (with the rest of the band) playing. But that's what home-recording is about... a one-man-show...

(?)