Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion

Old 09-01-2016, 01:26 PM

Default Audio Input not working Pro Tools|First

I have an HP Pavilion touchscreen model 17-g166nr with Intel core i7 and Pro Tools|First version 12.3.1.705 . When I try to record, the AI is not working. I have tried with headphones that have a microphone and with just the HP's built-in microphone. I even downloaded ASIO4ALL after looking on the forums here and seeing it posted that it sometimes helps. I am not trying to get sympathy, it is simply relevant, but due to a low student income I cannot afford a better version of Pro Tools or any real recording equipment, and I'm even am having to rent-to-own the HP. I first downloaded Pro Tools|First on an old Macbook Pro model A1398. I got the new HP because my Mac didn't have a disc drive, plus it was on its way out. That being said, I know that it can work without any of the equipment because it worked fine on my Mac. I'm not sure what else to try here. Anyone have any ideas?

Last edited by rachelrose294; 09-01-2016 at 01:28 PM. Reason: put more detail in title