Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)

Old 03-19-2011, 10:30 AM

Default HD Native not recognizing 192 IO

Just installed brand new HD Native system on my Mac Pro (8 core 2.8 GHz processor, 10 G memory, OSx 10.6). After seating the card and hooking up the 192 IO to port 1, tried opening Pro Tools. I'm given a prompt "Unable to find an audio interface connected to the first HD card, check digi link cables and power".
Everything is hooked up correctly and we know the 192 IO works just fine.
In system preferences/sound the HD Native card is shown as one of the sound cards so we know the Native card is installed correctly.
We are banging our heads against the wall and it's the weekend so we can't get support from Avid right now. Please help!
We have a mix session tomorrow and getting Pro Tools up and running is a must. Thanks!!!
Old 03-19-2011, 04:45 PM

Default Re: HD Native not recognizing 192 IO

Is the sound output of the computer outputting via the 192 (iTunes, whatever). If so,yes - that's all ok. I'm not much of a HD Native pro, but maybe try one or more of the following -
1) Set the Mac sound output to anything BUT the Digi interface
2) Toss the digisetup OSX preference file in User/Library/Preferences
3) Do a complete system shut down, turn on the 192 first, then the computer.
4) Make sure you have the card in an x4 slot (I don't know which Mac Pro you have, but the older ones have the "Expansion Slot utility" for that - but then again,
Sorry I don't have anything definitive....

dc
Old 03-21-2011, 05:47 PM

Default Re: HD Native not recognizing 192 IO

Well, it's probably not this but I'd thought I'd mention it incase anyone else makes my mistake.

DON'T install 9.0.0 and expect HD Native to work!
I had to uninstall, install 8.5, and then go up to 9.0.2.
Very annoying.