Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2016, 10:35 PM

Default Re: 12.6 Not Recognizing HD Native / Avid HD|IO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Ask for? The seller likely damn well knew they were keeping their Pro Tools HD license, they often won't have a separate v. 12 Digilink IO license to sell to you anyhow. You may need to buy a Digilink IO License--may depend on how you acquired HD licenses and if they were on support. Worst case $299 I believe.

Yes i believe you are right. I brought both HD and Omni used and registered them both with Avid. Brought the software new.
Old 11-27-2016, 04:34 PM

Did this ever get resolved?

When Protools 12.6 first came out, I tried installing it and had this problem. I exchanged my licenses, and I've got the digilink IO and everything, however it just didn't want to see my HD Native Thunderbolt/OMNI no matter what i did. I tried calling AVID support and they had no idea. When I tried uninstalling 12.6 and returning to 12.5, (uninstalling the drivers and everything) i sill experienced the same problem. I finally had to restore to a previous backup I made before installing 12.6 the first time to get my drivers to recognize my interface. I thought maybe the problem had to do with Protools not supporting OS Sierra yet. Now that they've announced compatibility, I tried installing 12.6 again and am experiencing the same problem. It simply doesn't not recognize my HD Native Thunderbolt nor my OMNI. I've got the Digilink IO on my iLok. I've paid for everything. I have the Full upgrade HD plan. I'm not sure what I might be missing here. Anyone out there figure out what is causing this issue so I can resolve it and finally update to 12.6?
Old 12-19-2016, 07:40 AM

Hello! We just bought an HDX card with a 16x16i/o, downloaded PT 12.6, installed on Win 10. It doesn't see the HDX card. Reaper sees the card and the 16x16, using the AVID ASIO driver. I just found out you need a Digilink license, but there was no Digilink card supplied, nor can we find one in our account, although it should have been supplied?! Its not my account btw, I'm writing on behalf of a colleague. Please help.
Old 12-19-2016, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ackoob View Post
Hello! We just bought an HDX card with a 16x16i/o, downloaded PT 12.6, installed on Win 10. It doesn't see the HDX card. Reaper sees the card and the 16x16, using the AVID ASIO driver. I just found out you need a Digilink license, but there was no Digilink card supplied, nor can we find one in our account, although it should have been supplied?! Its not my account btw, I'm writing on behalf of a colleague. Please help.
You need PTHD and the Digilink license, which come together when you upgrade. Sounds like you did the wrong upgrade or are trying to add HD hardware to regular PT, which you cannot do.

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 12-19-2016, 08:26 AM

We bought PTHD 12 new, together with an HDX core card, a 16x16 interface and an iLok 2, in august. The computer arrived a couple of days ago, hence the delay. We are an educational institution.
Old 12-19-2016, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ackoob View Post
We bought PTHD 12 new, together with an HDX core card, a 16x16 interface and an iLok 2, in august. The computer arrived a couple of days ago, hence the delay. We are an educational institution.
Then you'll be fine. What have you done so far?

Have you created an iLok acct and downloaded the licenses?

Also, you are an HD customer and are entitled to "premium phone support". I'd take advantage of it.

I'd start a case here:

http://www.avid.com/learn-and-suppor...-music-support

Old 12-19-2016, 08:44 AM

We created an ilok account, downloaded PTHD 12, HD driver etc. But there was no Digilink license anywhere. I will try the link you provided. Thank you very much for your help.
Old 06-23-2017, 02:28 PM

I'm having this problem in 12.7. Is there another license you need to add to your iLok to get the interface to be recognized?
Old 06-23-2017, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlangford View Post
I'm having this problem in 12.7. Is there another license you need to add to your iLok to get the interface to be recognized?
Do you have a Diglink auth on your iLok? This would have come free with your upgrade.

Old 06-24-2017, 07:45 AM

That license isn't in my iLok account. I just barely bought HD so this is a fresh install, not an upgrade. I would think it would be included with a new purchase though?