Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Getting Started
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2015, 04:25 PM

Default Re: No sound, can't change I/O settings

This "infamous pdf thread" http://duc.avid.com/showpost.php?p=2264661&postcount=12 ? How does one go about trying to get that done? Please don't tell me "ideascale"! My experience on the DUC suggests that you'd likely have a lot more success than I would. Please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
As I said I already gave a bit of an explanation in the infamous pdf thread but I agree a good visual explanation would be good. Maybe one of the BB code cognoscenti could do it? My way may well not be the cleanest way to do the job.
Old 06-08-2015, 03:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amack View Post
This "infamous pdf thread" http://duc.avid.com/showpost.php?p=2264661&postcount=12 ? How does one go about trying to get that done? Please don't tell me "ideascale"! My experience on the DUC suggests that you'd likely have a lot more success than I would. Please!
How does one go about trying to get what done? What I wrote in that thread or something else?

QAPLA!
Old 06-08-2015, 10:00 AM

In your post http://duc.avid.com/showpost.php?p=2266947&postcount=20, you said "I agree a good visual explanation would be good. Maybe one of the BB code cognoscenti could do it?" How does someone go about getting individual(s) with sufficient knowledge and authority to consider it (and hopefully do it)? Can and will you be that someone? Otherwise, it's highly unlikely that the suggestions will ever be implemented.

Take a look at http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=368569&page=3 and consider how much more quickly those types of issues could be resolved if it was easier for members and moderators to post images with adequate resolution and ease to show what settings should be and/or are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
How does one go about trying to get what done? What I wrote in that thread or something else?

Last edited by Amack; 06-08-2015 at 10:09 AM. Reason: Add link to other post.
Old 06-08-2015, 10:18 AM

Not all section of the forum allows for Picture to be posted. Although moderators and admins may have special permission to post them anywhere.

Here's How I do it.

1- Attach the photo you want to be seen in the post using the attachment tool (the little metal clip beside the smiley face). Click on submit the post

2- Right Click on the picture you just attached and open it in an other tab, then right click in the picture again and select copy image location.

3- Edit the original post and click on the small yellow icon that looks like 2 mountains and a sun, and paste the URL you got from copying the image location you did in step 2.

4- Remove the attach document

5- submit the post.

Wave-T.com
Old 06-08-2015, 10:34 AM

Amack, I think it would be easier (or at least more convenient) for others to view your attachments if they were JPG or PNG images instead of PDF docs with embedded JPG images. That would allow for viewing without opening an in-browser PDF reader or an external application.
Old 06-08-2015, 12:04 PM

Trying your approach. 1st step

2nd step (leaving the original attachments)

3rd step - verified that it works for images, thanks!

4th step - trying to "Insert Link" to PDF

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?p...=1#post2267134

No joy, it doesn't work for links to pdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emcha_audio View Post
Not all section of the forum allows for Picture to be posted. Although moderators and admins may have special permission to post them anywhere.

Here's How I do it.

1- Attach the photo you want to be seen in the post using the attachment tool (the little metal clip beside the smiley face). Click on submit the post

2- Right Click on the picture you just attached and open it in an other tab, then right click in the picture again and select copy image location.

3- Edit the original post and click on the small yellow icon that looks like 2 mountains and a sun, and paste the URL you got from copying the image location you did in step 2.

4- Remove the attach document

5- submit the post.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6i6 released cropped_Page_1_small.jpg (87.8 KB, 0 views)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 6i6 released cropped.pdf (367.4 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by Amack; 06-08-2015 at 12:29 PM.
Old 06-08-2015, 12:39 PM

I don't think so - see my previous post to compare image quality and viewing ease for jpg vs. pdf. It is also a lot easier for me to reduce/split the size of the pdf attachments to satisfy their 488.3 kB attachment file size limitation than it is to reduce the jpg attachments to meet their 800X600 pixel and 97.7 kB file size limitation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaone View Post
Amack, I think it would be easier (or at least more convenient) for others to view your attachments if they were JPG or PNG images instead of PDF docs with embedded JPG images. That would allow for viewing without opening an in-browser PDF reader or an external application.
Old 06-08-2015, 12:52 PM

Well, you're free to keep using PDFs. But that just ensures that fewer people will take the time to look at them.
Old 06-08-2015, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amack View Post
I don't think so - see my previous post to compare image quality and viewing ease for jpg vs. pdf. It is also a lot easier for me to reduce/split the size of the pdf attachments to satisfy their 488.3 kB attachment file size limitation than it is to reduce the jpg attachments to meet their 800X600 pixel and 97.7 kB file size limitation.
There is a way around that and that is to host the pictures on a third party host. I used to do that and got HUGE pictures here; found it wasn't always necessary.

Really you're going to all this trouble and can't be bothered to use the system that has worked for some many others. They've done it so why can't you? It takes patience. And it's getting tiring in seeing you pollute threads with completely off-topic posts.

QAPLA!
Old 06-08-2015, 03:06 PM

As Musicman691 said and he is correct. Stay on topic and please stop relinking from your own posts to other posts you have made previously.

So please let this thread be on topic and if this whole picture posting is important to you, start a new thread in general section and keep it there. Otherwise we have to start cleaning up every thread you posted on and see if it is regarding what the thread is supposed to be or not.

Thanks

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————