How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-26-2013, 06:51 AM

Default New PT Prefs helper

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with Avid and this software was not created, tested, or officially recommended by Avid or any of its agents.

This and other free Pro Tools related utilities are now available at:

http://petegates.com

PT Prefs is a utility program for Mac OSX which can delete / backup / restore various preference and support files - Pro Tools preference trashing in other words! It doesn't delete any essential system files, they are all just settings which at worst can be manually re-entered. Sometimes Pro Tools benefits from having these files cleared out (after a crash/blackout etc) - Pro Tools remakes them with default settings when it is run next. Therefore if you are unsure which options to check it is safe to check them all, in fact if you are running this software due to a problem rather than as a matter of course I would recommend trashing all preferences, it's more likely to solve the problem.

It's freeware, anyone is welcome to use it - but, and I cannot emphasise this enough at their own risk. It is not extensively tested on multiple OSX versions. Always have your system backed up. I will endeavour to fix the software if any problems arise though this software is provided free and not under any explicit or implied contract of service or warranty so treat it as such.

Any problems/queries/suggestions, keep them to this thread.

Pete

Last edited by Pete Gates; 12-05-2022 at 11:23 AM.