Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2014, 11:16 AM

Default Re: Access violation occured,unable to read location

Of course.
Old 11-19-2014, 10:56 AM

It's loading plugins when it happens so the obvious thing is to start uninstalling plugins, start with the most recent and keep going till it works...
Old 01-31-2015, 09:08 PM

I just ran into the same problem today, specifically "Access violation occurred, unable to read location: 0x0000000000000010" causing a crash as Pro Tools launches. It happens while plugins are loading, but it's NOT a plugin problem. I tried removing all plugins, and I also reinstalled Pro Tools and updated my iLOK manager as some other Access Violation errors require.

The problem for this specific error is a corrupted/damaged MBox driver - as soon as I reinstalled the MBox drivers (with the same installer I used previously) it went away.
Old 02-02-2015, 04:09 PM

Alian82, Going to give you a recommendation, but I got to tell you - its a shot in the dark. Something I would say look into, make the change and if it fixes your issue, keep the the change, if not, change it back to what you have now.

I am curious if when you said you were working well in PT, was it version 10.something? and maybe 11 is having this issue? Here is what I am getting at: PT11 is a 64bit massive rewrite for AVID. There is a motherboard bias setting called "Hyperthreading". Before version 11 came out, I use to nail this motherboard option in the "Off" position. And when I had that enabled under version 10, it was pretty horrible. I had access-violations left and right, I would run out of CPU with maybe 3 tracks of audio and 1 VI. So under v10, having this feature shut off was the right answer. Now keep in mind, I have heard the exact opposite from some on this forum. So a little experimentation might go a long way.. Now along comes version 11, a 64 bit app and total rewrite, I started seeing these same access-violations and CPU issues with my motherboard continuing to have hyperthreading OFF. So just last week, I loaded a song that had about 28 tracks plus 1 VI, For me, it seems doing an offline bounce really asks a lot of PT, so I focused on that. I kept Hyperthread off, and the offline bounce seemed to ALWAYS choke on me. access violations, and CPU issues showed. I then reboot my PC, went into BIOS, set Hyperthread ON for my V11.3 and the same song has worked perfect for me.. Its a coin toss, may not help you, every system is a little different and your hardware especially, we both have different stuff.. But experimenting with this would cost you nothing..
Hope this helps..
Old 03-24-2015, 01:09 AM

Hello guys

I've got PT12 yesterday and I just ran into the same problem, specifically "Access violation occurred, unable to read location: 0x0000000000000000" causing a crash as Pro Tools launches. It happens while plugins are loading. My iLOK manager has no errors and the avid application manager is fine.

I'm working on a MacBook Pro with Windows 8.1 (64Bit).

What can I do now?

Thanks.
Old 02-20-2016, 08:51 AM

Hi,
I'm having an issue loading any plugins with Pro Tools 12.4 and I receive this error message, every time:
Could not complete the Open Session... command because Access violation occurred, unable to read location: 0x0000000000000000

I've recently installed Pro Tools 12.3.1 Win and updated to 12.4 on my WIndows 10, 64 bit, Asus laptop computer (I'm on a project site and away from my recording studio, running Pro Tools setup at home).
I have tried to re-install Pro Tools, re-booting, running Pro Tools using the Administrator and further, my iLOK, Avid Application Manager, computer drivers, software, windows updates are all current and yes, I have a Advanced Systemcare to take care of my registry links etc. etc.
If anyone has found a solution to this issue, please could you share with me.
Thanks.

28” Samsung UHD (4K) Video Monitor
HD7750 Graphics Card
Intel Xeon E5-2630V3 Processor
ASUS LGA2011 XEON MB Motherboard
16GB DDR4 RAM
1 x 500GB SSD HDD (Operating System)
1 x 1TB SSD HDD (Audio Files)
Corsair AX760I PSU
Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit
Focusrite (Scarlett) 18i20 Audio Interface
Pro Tools 12.4 Win (With Upgrade & Support Pack)
AIR Instruments Bundle 12.0
First AIR Effects Bundle 12.0 Win
First AIR Instruments Bundle 12.0 Win
Xpand II 12.0 Win