Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9

Old 08-31-2017, 12:08 PM

Default Protools 9 Problems Ilok

Hello ProTools community.

I have a a largely analog mix rig with Motu 1224s and AMT8 midi setup connected to a large format mixing console. The computer that is connected to the console is an old mac running snow leopard and Logic 9.

I wish to put Protools 9 onto this computer and use it for tracking. I still mix analog. So I bought protools 9 HD on ebay. It appeared to work for a while but I did not use it as I was in a big Logic project. Now it doesn't work and get this:

"this version of protools 9 requires authorization to run but no Ilok can be found. Please install the ilok for this software."

I think that is my problem. From doing some general internet reading I don't know if I purchased protools coreectly or what.

I have the install disks, the yellow registration card with the number, and the ilok.

Can someone tell me generally what is up and how to make this work ? I need a version of protools that can run on snow leopard for now. I may or may not care to upgrade it in the future.

Thanks in advance!
Old 09-04-2017, 09:57 AM

Default Re: Protools 9 Problems Ilok

Did the eBay seller sell you an iLok asset? Without an iLok license, your PT9 is dead in the water

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave