Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9

Old 06-12-2017, 09:55 PM

Default ASIO Priorities, X32, Windows 7.1 and PT 9.0.6

I am using an X32
Old 06-12-2017, 10:16 PM

Default Re: ASIO Priorities, X32, Windows 7.1 and PT 9.0.6

Sorry about that I was trying to get back to the message and I must of hit enter.

My PC has an ASUS P5K-EPU motherboard, a Intel Core2Quad Q9650 3.0 Ghz processor, 8 Gbs of Curcial DDR2 1333Mhz ram, a WD Black 500 Gb 7500 rpm hard drive as the native drive and a Seagate Barracuda 500 Gb 7500 rpm hard drive for the audio drive.

Besides PT, I have their Pultech Bundle and Smack!. I have an UDA-2 Quad using software version 6.3 installed. I use Waves; API Bundle, GTR 3.5, Platinum and Tune, version 9.3. And last but not least iZotope RX2.

I am using the X32's U-FX card's firewire port with the U-FX 6.13 drivers.

My problem is everytime I open a session it will load but at the very end of loading I get this message, "ASIO Properties have been changed in the device control panel. Pro Tools must be restarted for these changes to take effect, Please Restart Pro Tools." Then it gives me a choice to "Save" or "Quit". And it does not matter which one I chose because after choosing either one, checking the the ASIO properties, the Sound Properties and anything else you would like to mention to see if I have indeed set PT up correctly then restarting ... I keep getting the very same ASIO message and PT 9.0.6 refuses to run.

I have been through all the set-up pages, Avid on YouTube, Behringer product page, Behrigner Community pages and now here. I hope there is someone who can tell me why I cannot run any sessions and maybe help me fix it.

Thanking all in advance for a response on this subject ...

John A. B.
Old 06-13-2017, 12:03 AM

Well for starters the X32 will only run 44.1k and 48k sample rates.

Is that what your session is setup as?

Disclaimer- i only used the X32 as a front end, for my rough tracking.

So I used Presonus Capture software to record the X32 via the USB port....16 tracks like cake and cookies and no ilok needed.

I never used the X32 with PT.

I exported wav's and took them to PT and my room and mixed and overdub'd from there

So I never used ASIÓ, but you could always try and make sure the Asió version is compatible for both PT and your OS.

As well as making sure the session is setup as 44.1 or 48k in all of your hardware software combos i.e. X32, Asio and PT.
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 06-13-2017, 01:18 AM

Daniel,

Thank-you for your response, I appreciate you taking the time.

Yes, my sessions are all either 44.1/24 or 48/24. I keep both type of sessions in either rate in separate folders and always look to change this in the sound mixer properties box before I start as needed.

the X32 is set as the default interface and windows sounds are disabled in the sound properties in the control panel of the computer.

I was using the X32 as you mentioned as the front end only but went to using it as the out for "in the box" mixing set-up. I use it with a couple S16's which are in my performance room and I feed a Rolls HP62 for headphones. I have six different mixes I can use as individual custom mixes for performers. I works really well with the buss/output structure of the X32. Or at least does for me.

it was running really well, but that all changed when the one hard died mid session a couple three weeks ago. I have not been able to get it all set up to where it was since. I did run for a couple days with Windows 10 after running the compatibility settings/trouble shooter in Windows 10. Again, that did not last either so I tried to go back to the set-up that worked best. I also have a copy of Windows 8 64bit, too. But supposedly Pro Tools 9.0.6 and 10.3.10 are not compatible with Windows 8, at all. So I have never tried that set-up. Maybe I should using the Compatibility Troubleshooter in 8, too. What do you think?

Hemingway, thank-you very much for taking the time. I hope the new ramblings will strike a nerve a get me another suggestion on how to get it up and going again.

CTG
Old 06-13-2017, 06:59 AM

So everything worked with Win7, before?

Then I would trash prefs and try it all again. Make sure your Asio version is the same or possibly you need to update it.

I used USB when recording, can you try that and see if it likes it?

I assume your OS main hard drive died.....so it's possible that your Mobo hardware or other hardware need to be updated? Grasping at straws I know but maybe it can help you think of something
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 06-13-2017, 07:32 AM

And make sure the X32 is only for Pro Tools. Set your onboard soundcard to be the default for Windows sounds/audio. Yes, I know you have set Sounds to "No Sounds". I'm not talking about that, I'm talking about what would play Windows sounds/audio. Make sure it's not the X32.
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction
Old 06-13-2017, 12:36 PM

Daniel and Bruce,

Hey hi and how you doing. Me, well ... things are not working correctly yet.

As for which hard drive died, it was actually my one of my two audio drives. The WD is seven months old the other was about 10 year old Seagate Barracuda 250 Gb drive. They are in removable rack spaces and I only use the one I am working with the Native drive. I never saw the need to run the other two drives when they were not being used and everything is backed up to a Glyph 1.5 Tb drive.

And yes I was using the X32 with Pro Tools 9.0.6 on this machine running Windows 7.1 because Avid's compatibility charts say neither 9 ot 10 will work on Windows 8. Just to be clear here, Win OS 7.1 is 32 bit and my Win OS 8 is 64 bit as is Win OS 10. I do own all three.

All my software and drivers load seamlessly and the UAD-2 Quad works as well. They all load into PT when I open it and when I load a session, too. The only hang is the message I get when the session is just about done loading and clicking 'Save'. 'Quit' or saving the session or not after I click either does not seem to do anything just like changing the ASIO Properties. (I do get a notice in the Behringer UFX 1394 ASIO/WMD that says, "Programs such as Pro Tools 9 will multiple your setting by 2. And yes I have tried settings a 256 and 512 to match the Playback Engine HW buffer, BUT every time I go and check after setting this up it still reads 512 or 1024. It also will not let me change anything there after I set the UFX Control Panel settings).

I also have a thread open at the Behringer Communities and b
Old 06-13-2017, 12:46 PM

Daniel and Bruce,

As I was saying before I rudely interrupted myself ...

I have an open thread at the Behringer Communities and they are saying/telling me to do basically all the same things you are telling me to do. I must be missing some thing here.

Oh, and I do know the difference between Sounds in Windows Control Panel and the Mixer Control Panel. I disable the on board sound card on the motherboard and I always have since I built this set-up. Everything ran great that way ... well, until now that is, but it is disabled in the motherboard's bios, still.

I hope this additional information will help you help me, if there is anything else I can do to help you help me let me know, I will get it to you. The PC I use for my work is not on-line either, I am using a MBP for that.

Again thank both of you for your time, help and suggestions I truly do appreciate your assistance. I be back soon to see if you or anyone else has any suggestions for me.

Thanks again,

John A. B. CTG
Old 06-13-2017, 12:54 PM

Default ASIO Priorities, X32, Windows 7.1 and PT 9.0.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by crookedtourguy View Post
the X32 is set as the default interface and windows sounds are disabled in the sound properties in the control panel of the computer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Weed View Post
And make sure the X32 is only for Pro Tools. Set your onboard soundcard to be the default for Windows sounds/audio. Yes, I know you have set Sounds to "No Sounds". I'm not talking about that, I'm talking about what would play Windows sounds/audio. Make sure it's not the X32.
+1

The X32 should NOT be selected as the default Windows audio device. This often leads to conflicts as described in the original post.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mac Studio, 64GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, Glyph 2TB USB3 HDD, OWC drive dock, Mac OS Monterey 12.6.8

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.9, HD Native, Focusrite Red 8Pre

Presonus Faderport, Pro Tools | Control
Old 06-13-2017, 01:12 PM

Daniel and Bruce,

I just downloaded SANDRA to a flash drive and I am now going to go run it on my PC. When I get the report I will post it here for you to check out and maybe that will show what I am missing in my information as so to resolve my issues.

Thanks for your time so far and as Gen McAuther said in 1941, "I'll be back!"

See you soon,

John A. B.