Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9

Old 04-24-2017, 07:29 PM

Default Re: pro tools hardware is either not installed or used by another program- can't fix

Okay, so Now I have the same problem. Extremely frustrating..
I was running everything fine this morning.

I am now trying to fire up pro tools and I get this message.
I hold the N button down and I see that pro tools keeps defaulting to my HD pod Pro and not my Presonus Studiolive series 3. I change it and click okay and still get the message. I open it back up and the HD pod Pro is selected. Why does it keep reverting back to it all of a sudden when I have made no changes and it has never done this before?????????Why wont it remain on the studiolive series 3?
Pretty pissed right now because I have a session that started half an hour ago that it looks like im gonna have to reschedule now.
This is costing me money....
Old 04-25-2017, 05:57 PM

Default Re: pro tools hardware is either not installed or used by another program- can't fix

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrionBailey View Post
Okay, so Now I have the same problem. Extremely frustrating..
I was running everything fine this morning.

I am now trying to fire up pro tools and I get this message.
I hold the N button down and I see that pro tools keeps defaulting to my HD pod Pro and not my Presonus Studiolive series 3. I change it and click okay and still get the message. I open it back up and the HD pod Pro is selected. Why does it keep reverting back to it all of a sudden when I have made no changes and it has never done this before?????????Why wont it remain on the studiolive series 3?
Pretty pissed right now because I have a session that started half an hour ago that it looks like im gonna have to reschedule now.
This is costing me money....
One solution might be to simply unplug the Pod so its not available while you open Pro Tools. In my own setup, I have no other option than the HDN card, so this issue never crops up here PT is a finicky mistress, to be sure. Most of us that use it all the time have learned its shortcomings and how to deal with them, and mostly because we just like the way it handles audio and audio editing. I make no claims that its "better" than any of the other DAW's. Its just better for my needs

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave