How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2010, 10:59 AM
Avid

Exclamation Pro Tools 9 Technical FAQ - Solutions to common problems

Q. I've installed Pro Tools 9 and it’s not recognizing my audio device.
A. Please install the correct driver for your Avid device avid.com/drivers or, if using a 3rd party interface, you may need to install a driver for that device, usually available through the manufacturers website. Windows users may need to install ASIO4ALL, a generic 3rd party driver available for most Windows sound cards. kb396471, kb381749 and kb380919

Q. I have installed the Pro Tools Mbox drivers from avid.com/drivers but my Mbox 2, Mbox 2 Mini or Mbox Micro is still not working in PT9
A. Note that the Pro Tools Mbox drivers are for the new Avid "3rd Generation" USB Mbox series. The previous series Mbox 2, Mbox 2 Mini or Mbox Micro USB interfaces require the Mbox 2 Family Drivers, available here: avid.com/drivers

Q. I get the following message on launch of Pro Tools 9: "Pro Tools could not initialize the current playback device. Please make sure that the device has been configured correctly."
A. This is an error that can occur on launch when you are using onboard audio hardware on Mac systems. kb381131

Q. Why can't I hear playback or record in PT9?
A. kb381131

Q. Why do I get a "could not initialize playback device" when launching PT9?
A. kb381131

Q. Why doesn't PT9 support the Sample Rates for all of my sessions?
A. kb383311

Q. Why doesn't VocALign work in PT9?

A. Vocalign required an update to work properly in Pro Tools 9. This is fixed as of v9.0.1.

Q. Why does PT9 throw assertion errors or not play on Mac OS X?
A. kb382391

Q. Why do I get a -6001 error prevents PT9 from launching?

A. kb382439

Q. Why did the MIDI on my 002/003 stop working after installing PT9?

A. kb381743

Q. Why did my Mojo SDI stop working after installing Pro Tools 9 and Media Composer 5 installed on the same system?
A. kb381839

Q. Why won't Music Production Toolkit install with PT9?
A. Music Production Toolkit is now integrated into Pro Tools 9. We will have full installers available shortly that will allow you to install the toolkit plug-ins as a bundle. If you would like to use the plug-ins that came with Music Production Toolkit, you can download and install them separately from avid.com/US/categories/Audio-Plug-ins

Q. Do I need to update to Complete Production Toolkit 2 for compatibility with Pro Tools 9?
A. No, your current Completely Production Toolkit 1 auth will work in Pro Tools 9.

Q. Why do I get "Error 1920.ServicePACE License Services (PaceLicenseDServices) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services." when trying to install Pro Tools 9 on a Windows 7 system?
A. Make sure that you have disabled any virus protection on your system before installing Pro Tools. Also see: kb382699

Q. Do I need to update my plug-ins for compatibility with Pro Tools 9?
A. In some cases, yes - plug-in compatibility is extremely important and you should verify that all installed plug-ins meet the minimum requirement for compatibility. You can see the current compatibility grid here: kb343311. Please see the Known Issues in Pro Tools 9.0.5 for more information about specific plug-ins that need to be updated to work properly in 9.0.5.

Q. I'm trying to install a Mbox 2 Factory or Producer Factory bundle, but it won't install, saying that it could not find a valid installation of Pro Tools.
A. These bundles require you to use an updated installer for Pro Tools 9, available here: kb382723

Q. I'm trying to install a 003 Factory or Producer Factory Pro bundle, but it won't install, saying that it could not find a valid installation of Pro Tools.
A. These bundles require you to use an updated installer for Pro Tools 9, available here: kb382719

Q. I'm getting an error that my iLok authorization for Bomb Factory plug-ins could not be found after updating to Pro Tools 9.

A. Please see kb357313 for help with problems authorizing or installing certain Bomb Factory plug-ins.

Q. I've installed Pro Tools 9 and tried to update the firmware on my D-Control or C|24, but it failed and my control surface now shows the original firmware version.
A. This is a current issue with Pro Tools 9 and we will have an update available shortly to fix it. Until then you will need to connect your control surface to a system running Pro Tools 8 and re-update the firmware there and ignore any firmware update messages when connecting it to your Pro Tools 9 system.

Q. I'm unable to run the installer for Pro Tools 9 or, after installing, I see odd behavior, including crashing, lock ups or intermittent failures.
A. In most cases this has been tracked to using the updater - you should do a clean uninstall of Pro Tools, restart, and reinstall using the full installer.

Q. I updated to Pro Tools 9 from a previous Pro Tools version, but I do not see any of the Creative Collection content.
A. If you had not previously installed the Creative Collection you will need to use the full Pro Tools 9 installer to install that bundle.

Q. Launching Pro Tools 9 (Mac) after unplugging an Avid interface results in an Assertion Error or pro Tools won't play (Current Engine defaults to Built-In Input).
A. kb381749

Q: Where can I find more info?
A. Pro Tools 9 troubleshooting articles
Old 11-22-2010, 10:59 AM
Avid

Exclamation Pro Tools 9 Technical FAQ - Solutions to common problems

duplicate stickies merged.
Old 09-26-2011, 03:30 PM
Avid

Default Re: Pro Tools 9 Technical FAQ - Solutions to common problems

List of known issues with Pro Tools 9.0.5

Pro Tools intermittently blocks playback - from the 9.0.5 Read Me (please download the Read Me for additional known issues). Occurs on Lion:

Mac:

http://akmedia.digidesign.com/suppor..._Mac_72749.pdf

PC:

http://akmedia.digidesign.com/suppor..._Win_72750.pdf

Issues with Izotope Nectar, RX and Stutter Edit plug-ins:

There is a known issue with the above Izotope plug-ins. Izotope has beta versions available which you can get by emailing Izotope directly at: support [at] izotope [dot] com

No preview when dragging automation, fades or regions:

This is an issue discovered after release of 9.0.5. and occurs on Lion only, usually only when using a 2 monitor setup and stretching the window across multiple monitors.

MIDI Output selector opens slowly:

Clicking on the output selector of a MIDI or Instrument track may experience an extended delay in showing all available output options. Occurs on Mac and Windows.

Import audio window:

The 'S' and 'P' keys will not work in the search window. Occurs on Mac.

Intermittent distortion during playback:

Disabling "Minimize Additional I/O Latency" in the Pro Tools Playback Engine should resolve this issue.
Closed Thread