Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2020

Old 06-09-2020, 01:29 AM

Default "ALL" Group keeps turning on

I keep opening sessions to find the "<ALL>" group highlighted.

Often I don't realise until I hit mute/solo on a track or try to adjust a fader. Really quite irritating.

I'm not turning this on manually either unless there's a shortcut I'm unaware of.

Just wondered if anybody else has experienced this?
Old 06-09-2020, 04:20 AM

Default Re: "ALL" Group keeps turning on

You know ! (i.e. shift-1) is a shortcut for ALL when Groups Keyboard Focus is enabled? Not that I can imagine why you'd be pressing that by accident, but still.
Old 06-09-2020, 04:54 AM

Hi,

"Link timeline and edit selection" so when you go to the edit window its selects all tracks.

try disable them all and then see if making a selection in the edit window turns them on again. if yes then its probably this setting.

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 06-09-2020, 07:59 AM

I've been having this same troublesome behavior. You open the track and clik on track you want to delete, hit the delete option and suddenly all of your tracks are gone. No undo. Happens when you are moving rapidly through things.

The only recourse is to close without saving and then open the session again. It seems like this shouldn't happen or at least provide an undo.

Also happens when you go to duplicate a track and don't notice everything is selected out to the left. Suddenly you have twice the session you needed. Catches me all the time. The hand eye connection is used to focusing on the task and not having to check other parts of the interface before executing a task. It's just not intuitive.
Old 06-10-2020, 02:40 AM

I totally totally agree that it’s ridiculous that there’s no undo for “delete track” in 2020. There was probably a good reason for it back in the day but it’s just bizarre behaviour in this day and age.
Old 06-11-2020, 04:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightrambler View Post
I totally totally agree that it’s ridiculous that there’s no undo for “delete track” in 2020. There was probably a good reason for it back in the day but it’s just bizarre behaviour in this day and age.
Hi,

"Link timeline and edit selection" when this is selected when you make a selection on the timeline it selects ALL tracks in the session, so its easy to accidently delete/duplicate all etc.

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 06-18-2020, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crizdee View Post
Hi,

"Link timeline and edit selection" when this is selected when you make a selection on the timeline it selects ALL tracks in the session, so its easy to accidently delete/duplicate all etc.

Chris
Thank you! I'm going to try this, you may well have saved me from gaining a few more stress related grey hairs lol.